IGNORED

Where is Eric Delee ?

rygar

I realize it's been a couple weeks since this thread was started, but I think people are jumping to conclusions. As far as I can tell, he was upstanding here at AA. What ever may or may not have happened is simply conjecture until someone is successful in contacting him. Let's be careful how we deal with this until facts are known.

I've seen a pattern where brainy engineering types tend to go silent if no progress is being made. It's nothing personal.

I'm a semi-engineering type. And this statement is fairly true. It's easy to burn out, especially when nothing is moving forward. I've "gone silent" before, taken the needed time to breathe, then returned to most endeavors.

That may be true, but afaik Eric is no engineering type. He bought the EotB proto and organized the reproduction and release, but afaik he was not involved in the technical aspects; other anonymous people hacked the game, designed the board etc.

As I understand it he is just a fan and collector, but has little knowledge in the tech stuff.

And I doubt anyone will get burnt because of the posts here; overall everybody says Eric was a great guy and a great addition to the community. Only rygar is a bit angry, understandably, as he did wait for Eric's reply for a long time. And even he says he could forgive him if there was just a reply.

It's only natural that people are interested if someone who has been a major contributor to the community for many years just drops off the face of the earth suddenly for no apparent reason. It's just a reason to be worried. Who knows, it may have to do with problems concerning EotB's copyright. Someone from the community may even have alerted Hasbro because of copyright infringement and caused Eric trouble. I just want to know what happened.

i talked with another member from AtariAge a few months/weeks/days ago. why Eric disappeard. we think that someone talked with hasbro about the EOTB release . so he get in some trouble with the lawyer. like 108stars said, he was a major person for the Lynx community. he gave us the chance to play EOTB on our Lynx. it's no surprise why so many people want to know what happend to him

I agree, we dont need to spam him, if he doesnt reply to the mails already out there he never will.

I've read a lot more today about the EOTB release and there are two people, one of which I suspect contacted Hasbro as per what other people believe. Its probable that he got a Cease & Desist order - thats likely why he turned his back on AA. 95% of people on here are great, there are a few hypocrites though and its clear to me who said what and to who as it was in the public thread.

Okay, maybe it was a bad idea. :(

Gonna read through the EotB thread later. I have a suspect too, but I must first read the entire thread.

I just wish we had a definite answer. If someone caused Eric trouble over EotB, it is a sad event for the community. Very sad, and it will make others think twice before sharing something valuable like that.

Edited by 108 Stars

TBH I would leave him in peace. Him having sold everything, relocating to India, not replying on (non-gaming-related) social sites... speaks for itself. Sad for the Lynx scene, I agree. He has made a complete cut, whichever reason(s) he might have. Some people give up a long-time hobby like that, never to be heard from again, both in RL and on the internet. I´d just respect his decision.

it´s only unfortunate for rygar :(

Edited by Atari_afternoon

Come on people, lets not use a thread here to point out possible causes of him leaving and who might be responsible for that... there's nothing to gain out of this and its all speculation.

I agree with atari_afternoon.. leave him be.. maybe one day he'll come back, maybe not. A pity for sure, especially for Rygar losing trust/money like that (lets hope that can get settled somehow), but that is how online communities work. I have my own anecdotes as well.

In any case, valuable lessons learned I'd say, and lets not stick to an argument that cannot be resolved.

Edited by Ninjabba

Come on people, lets not use a thread here to point out possible causes of him leaving and who might be responsible for that... there's nothing to gain out of this and its all speculation.

Ha! I'm seeing through you! How you want to end this discussion... you don't want it to be revealed that you were the culprit! :P

Ha! I'm seeing through you! How you want to end this discussion... you don't want it to be revealed that you were the culprit! :P

Hehe wow, that escaleted quick :P

In any case, it seems a bit odd to have a topic on the lynx boards dedicated to a member.. but maybe I'm wrong. I better show some screenshots soon in some other topic to balance things out.

Hehe wow, that escaleted quick :P

In any case, it seems a bit odd to have a topic on the lynx boards dedicated to a member.. but maybe I'm wrong. I better show some screenshots soon in some other topic to balance things out.

Yeah, you better do that to make up for your actions! :)

You know, this and Laird's ban just make it obvious that the bad blood that haunts the Jaguar scene so often seems to be leaking over to the Lynx scene now. I always loved AA, I still do, but there are factions more apparent than before, and unfortunate stuff happens. It's just sad, I like the thought of a true community.

I like Laird, I think he has good knowledge especially on Lynx matters, and while I do not agree with everything he says or every rating he gives he never misbehaved to me, he was nice. At the same time I am on good terms with some people who don't like him too.

Same with Eric; I like him, always did. Yet he may have been screwed by others in the community, and he himself does not pay his debts to other people i respect.

It seems like my beautiful, happy Lynx-microcosm is cought up by harsh reality. :(

All the more reason to counter this by being productive and do positive things for the Lynx now! There's lots of good stuff on the way! :)

Edited by 108 Stars

Yeah, you better do that to make up for your actions! :)

You know, this and Laird's ban just make it obvious that the bad blood that haunts the Jaguar scene so often seems to be leaking over to the Lynx scene now. I always loved AA, I still do, but there are factions more apparent than before, and unfortunate stuff happens. It's just sad, I like the thought of a true community.

I like Laird, I think he has good knowledge especially on Lynx matters, and while I do not agree with everything he says or every rating he gives he never misbehaved to me, he was nice. At the same time I am on good terms with some people who don't like him too.

Same with Eric; I like him, always did. Yet he may have been screwed by others in the community, and he himself does not pay his debts to other people i respect.

It seems like my beautiful, happy Lynx-microcosm is cought up by harsh reality. :(

All the more reason to counter this by being productive and do positive things for the Lynx now! There's lots of good stuff on the way! :)

I paid Laird 70GBP or 70EU (not sure) for some Game Gear games like two years ago (he helped me win an eBay listing) and I never had the money to have him ship them over here to the USA. He said it would be like 50 or 70 GBP to mail them. I'm not complaining mind you, I think he would have done it. Not sure if he still has my *paid for* Game Gear games or not all these years later. Not that I have the money for shipping yet / still.