IGNORED

Season 6 Rounds 1 & 2 - Space Invaders and Space Invaders Deluxe

Ikrananka

gavvv - sorry but you've played the Japanese versions. These rounds are to play the USA versions. You needed to go to Options and change from Japan to USA. So sorry but I can't accept your scores.

Man I wish I could've been informed before the deadline, had no idea, just downloaded the romantic from the thread and went to other. Man, this makes twice I've tried to join on to the cv tourney in failure. Guess I'll just wait for s7 to come around if I don't miss it :P

Gavv

Man I wish I could've been informed before the deadline, had no idea, just downloaded the romantic from the thread and went to other. Man, this makes twice I've tried to join on to the cv tourney in failure. Guess I'll just wait for s7 to come around if I don't miss it :P

Gavv

Sorry but I have been travelling due to work all week and wasn't able to keep up to date with the scores so only saw that you'd played the wrong version today. The onus really is on the players to make sure and I have to be fair to everyone by enforcing the rules. It does state in the HSC rules to make sure that you play using the right settings and the settings for SI were clearly stated in the first post. I even stated in post #4 of this thread how to change the options.

Please don't be disheartened and do join in the next rounds - I'm sure at least one score will be accepted :P

A hellish game!!! I suck at it on all platforms...not just the Coleco version. It moves too slow, fires too slow, and often the bunkers or whatever they are just get in your way when you try to fire...grrr...brrrr....yuk!!!! A classic!!!!

Thanks - that gave me a good laugh. I do agree with you - it is most certainly a tough game to like.

I love the game.. but the difference is I KNOW how to play it. :lol: Space Invaders is a tough nut to crack for today's gamers since it's deceptively plodding and boring especially after all it's space shooter offspring came into being. But as I said before.. it's gameplay is actually strategic. But what that strategy is would be hard to for most to figure out or have the patience to discover anymore.

Back then us freaks had it easy since it was the only game around, and you learned from everyone in the arcade. :P