IGNORED

whats your rarest console?

Rarest console I own is an Atari Lynx my mom got me in 1993. It was working a few years ago, then I packed it away and I recently dug it out and it won't load games anymore... :_(

My other consoles, mostly common Nintendo consoles, in order of acquisition:

Game boy color (1998 @ launch)

NES (2002) <-- Boxed. Collected dust for about decade in my parents garage. This is what got me hooked on gaming!

N64 (2004)

Game Boy Advance SP (Classic NES Edition) (2004)

Game Boy Advance (2004)

Game Cube (2004)

SNES (2004) <-- Goodwill find!

DS Phat (2004 @ launch)

Wii (2006 @ launch)

DSi (2009 @ launch)

PS2 Slim (2009) - Sold it in 2011.

PS3 Slim (2010)

3DS (2011 @ launch)

Genesis (2011)

Atari VCS 4-switcher (2012) - First console in my collection that's older than I am.

Wii-U (will hopefully be getting one @ launch in 2012)

If I could own one truly rare console, it would be a tossup between Vectrex or Virtual Boy.

Rare as far as cost, would have to be the NEC Turbo DUO. I was able to pick one up in the box (with instructions) for an arm and a leg a couple of months back. :lol: Following that up would be my NEC Super Grafx, with the SNK Neo-Geo CD just below that.

Rare as far as actual rarity goes, would have to be the Kyocera Pro-1000S CD-i Player. Folks in the [small] CD-i community have stated that these have only popped up a handful of times in the past, if that. It unfortunately doesn't seem to work that well with games, but I'm beginning to wonder if it was intended that way. It was intended for professional purposes, that much I am certain on, simply judging by the firm build and all of the unique ports on it. Plus, it would come with a secondary monitor, probably for karaoke. Asides from that, very little information is actually known about this thing.

post-24675-0-91319400-1346978017_thumb.png

Rare as far as cost, would have to be the NEC Turbo DUO. I was able to pick one up in the box (with instructions) for an arm and a leg a couple of months back. :lol: Following that up would be my NEC Super Grafx, with the SNK Neo-Geo CD just below that.

Rare as far as actual rarity goes, would have to be the Kyocera Pro-1000S CD-i Player. Folks in the [small] CD-i community have stated that these have only popped up a handful of times in the past, if that. It unfortunately doesn't seem to work that well with games, but I'm beginning to wonder if it was intended that way. It was intended for professional purposes, that much I am certain on, simply judging by the firm build and all of the unique ports on it. Plus, it would come with a secondary monitor, probably for karaoke. Asides from that, very little information is actually known about this thing.

post-24675-0-91319400-1346978017_thumb.png

wow thats cool :)

• 2 weeks later...

1) Bally Home Library Computer

2) Bally Professional Arcade white Montgomery Ward edition

3) AstroVision Astrocade

All three have the correct boxes (Astrocade has the factory shipping box w/matching serial #), controllers, accesories etc. and are 100% working.

HLC_BPA_AST.JPG

While not considered a console, my CIB mint Atari Video Music has to be the rarest in my collection. I also have a Stunt Cycle and Touch Me with both work. The only rare (I should say obscure, not rare as in sought after) later generation stuff I have would be my Toshiba 2300 and Samsung DVD-N501 Nuon players.

While not considered a console, my CIB mint Atari Video Music has to be the rarest in my collection. I also have a Stunt Cycle and Touch Me with both work. The only rare (I should say obscure, not rare as in sought after) later generation stuff I have would be my Toshiba 2300 and Samsung DVD-N501 Nuon players.

awesome :)

I don't have anything terribly rare... I assume my boxed RX 78 2 Gundam Wonderswan or my Sears Super Arcade are the hardest to find. Ive also got a late model TRS 80 CoCo 1 (Thanks AtariLeaf for the help on IDing it), but that is a computer, not a console.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-2s-49-en-70-5ye.html <- I think its purdy.

I don't have anything terribly rare... I assume my boxed RX 78 2 Gundam Wonderswan or my Sears Super Arcade are the hardest to find. Ive also got a late model TRS 80 CoCo 1 (Thanks AtariLeaf for the help on IDing it), but that is a computer, not a console.

http://www.play-asia...-en-70-5ye.html <- I think its purdy.

well i would say a computer still counts :)