IGNORED

Atari 2600 Carrying Case

CPUWIZ

Do you own a CIB Atari 2600 carrying case?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Yes/No/Dunno

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know what that is.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Just curious. :)

Trying to find one I assume or just checking the rarity of something you already own? :P

I've had one for quite a while, I just never see them for sale, so I am curious. The 5200 version is even more insane, I've only seen one.

July 2011: Atari 2600 system with stuff, including carrying case and BOX for carrying case! eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3305913234971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330591323497&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] - $81 - I forgot to bid on this one...

November 2011: Rather nice Atari 5200 lot with the amazingly rare carrying case went for $249.99 - eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2509302168141?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250930216814&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Picture002.jpg

I did

I have one like this. No box.

From right to left is cart, joystick, joystick, paddle, paddle, then just up is a hole that fits the power supply, but then the console doesn't sit flat. What am I doing wrong?

Also disappointed this case doesn't fit a Heavy Sixer.

I own a carrying case, but it's loose, not CIB. A great, heavy duty piece for on-the-go gaming!

You still use it?

That reminds me of something I saw a while back. People were bringing old computers to coffee shops and filming people's reactions. They'd have to carry all the parts on a dolly and hook up the monitor, hard drive, keyboard, mouse, etc. I don't know if they were making fun of laptop users or what the point was.

Does anyone have a photo of the carrying case box to post?

I own a carrying case, but it's loose, not CIB. A great, heavy duty piece for on-the-go gaming!

You still use it?

Yes I do. I really only collect CIB games, not accessories, and I've only seen the box for this at the Video Game Museum exhibits at CGE. But yes, I use it, since I'm one of the only people in my friend group into classic video games, so I find myself bringing systems to parties and friends' places, and this thing works pretty well. I also have a soft NES carrying case that is a lot easier to pack and carry. Here are someone else's pics of the Atari case: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/119967-atari-plastic-carry-case/