IGNORED

Japanese sales report for dec 2003

Invader_dag

No actually the Xbox finally beat the PS1 for the month of January. Heheh, I like all systems but I dig it when ol' Bill Gates gets a pie in the face now and then.

Link: http://www.planetps2.com (click on the Gamecube or Xbox planet links in the upper left corner if you like those systems).

Japanese Hardware Sales (01/26)

18:48 | Talon |

Rounding off another day comes the latest Japanese hardware sales charts from Media Create. Covering the week ending January 26th, the latest charts show PlayStation 2 back in the lead with 46,800 units, with Game Boy Advance following with 29,500 units. As per usual, GameCube and Xbox followed with 9,300 and 6,700 units respectively, with the increase to 6,700 for Xbox likely attributed to strong Xbox Live sales coupled with Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball sales. Check out the full charts below.

PlayStation 2: 46,800 (Annual: 448,000)

Game Boy Advance: 29,500 (Annual: 555,100)

GameCube: 9,300 (Annual: 136,000)

Xbox: 6,700 (Annual: 26,800)

PSOne: 1,800 (Annual: 16,700)

Wonder Swan Crystal: 980 (Annual: 8,400)

Game Boy Color: 790 (Annual: 5,900)

Wonder Swan Color: 340 (Annual: 6,800)

Sorry, i had through that sarcastic bit about PSO and X-Box in there. And thanks for the info Cimerians!!

Now for senseless anti X-Box rambling; It's not that i don`t like the console, or even the games, it is Micro$oft's attitude about it. They have been on the gaming scene for a little over a year, and they say that they are and have change(d) video games?? I have seen NOTHING on X-Box that has changed the way people make games, or added anything that is revolutionary. The last game i played that made me say 'WOW' was Mario 64. Nothing since has made as big of an impact. sure there have been a few that added somehting new, but Mario 64(For me) made a huge impression on me with the seamless 3d world. Is Halo a great game?? Heck yeah. is it revoulutionary?? not by any means. Heck, there hasn`t been a revolutionary FPS for a long time. Maybe Halo 2 will be more awe inspiring. Maybe not. But i really have no tolerence for some upstart "game" company to say that it is creating the future of games, when it hasn`t even made an in house game before the X-Box. Microsoft isn't making games, they are providing a cheap PC with for other people to develope for. Would you say Dell, Gateway, or HP has ushered in a new age for PC gaming??

Microsoft has been making video games for years for the PC. Microsoft's Starlancer was released on the Dreamcast. The winblows logo is right there on the Dreamcast. Sega's Crazy Taxi: High Roller, Virtua Cop 3, The House of the Dead 3 and the new Outrun are all on Microsoft's Chihiro(Xbox) arcade board. It seems to me that Microsoft is pretty heavy into gaming and if they want to be, they have every right to be. Hell, Nintendo started out as a playing card company. Granted, Microsoft bought their way into gaming, Sublogic- Flight Simulator, Access- Links Golf, Fasa Studio- Battletech and Crimson Skies games, Digital Anvil- Starlancer, Brute Force, Bungie- Halo and now Rare- Kameo, Perfect Dark. At least Microsoft doesn't destroy great video game companies when they buy them out, like Sony did with Psygnosis. Nintendo is no saint either, they bought out Retro Studio's and cancelled all projects except Metroid Prime and laid off about 60% of the work force.

As for the hype, all companies do it. Atari did it, Sega did it and now Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft still do it. Hell, they are all trying to sell a product. What do you want them to say? Ya, our hardware isn't that good and our games are just OK. Every company tries to trump up their systems and games, it is the nature of the beast.

i was meaning Microsoft has made no games, non second party, for the X-Box. They made some for PC, and the aformentioned on Dreamcast, but nothing for X-Box.

And i am all for hype, IF it is backed up. Zelda 64?? That lived up to every expectation of mine. Sonic Adventure, Rouge Leader, Jedi Knight II, and so on. And consoles, the DreamCast was awesome, so was the N64(to a point). But there has been nothing on the X-Box YET that has made me think that they stand out.

And i doubt it was Nintendo's fault all the Retro games got canned. And they all didn`t either, i think it's called Project X or somehting like that is still in production. And i think they just put them on hiatus anyways.

And Microsoft is just buying out every company it can so it will have exclusive games. And how long did between major titles did it take Rare to release a game?? Maybe we'll see Perfect Dark Zero on X-Box before the end of this generation

Microsoft has been making video games for years for the PC.  Microsoft's Starlancer was released on the Dreamcast.  The winblows logo is right there on the Dreamcast.  Sega's Crazy Taxi: High Roller, Virtua Cop 3, The House of the Dead 3 and the new Outrun are all on Microsoft's Chihiro(Xbox) arcade board.  It seems to me that Microsoft is pretty heavy into gaming and if they want to be, they have every right to be.  Hell, Nintendo started out as a playing card company.  Granted, Microsoft bought their way into gaming, Sublogic- Flight Simulator, Access- Links Golf, Fasa Studio- Battletech and Crimson Skies games, Digital Anvil- Starlancer, Brute Force, Bungie- Halo and now Rare- Kameo, Perfect Dark.  At least Microsoft doesn't destroy great video game companies when they buy them out, like Sony did with Psygnosis.  Nintendo is no saint either, they bought out Retro Studio's and cancelled all projects except Metroid Prime and laid off about 60% of the work force.

As for the hype, all companies do it.  Atari did it, Sega did it and now Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft still do it.  Hell, they are all trying to sell a product.  What do you want them to say?  Ya, our hardware isn't that good and our games are just OK.  Every company tries to trump up their systems and games, it is the nature of the beast.

Thank you for saying all this before I did.

:D

And Invader when it comes to what impresses in gaming, I think your opinion is just that your opinion.

In my opinion- which is just that- my opinion- absolutely nothing is impressive on Nintendo. But I've played quite a few games on the XBox that had new and unique features. So I could sit here and type all this crap about Nintendo and go looking for ways to prove they suck, but it doesn't really matter.

Been Here Done This .. but will always jump to the defense.... :D

same old arguements, none of the major consoles are really impressing me now. The Dreamcast was the last console that got me excited about gaming. The X-Box is a nice piece of hardware, but their marketing turns me off, their controller is horrid, and their games are mostly mediocre. Panzer Dragoon Orta is the only game that is forcing me to consider getting one. The cube is a nice little system, but outside of Nintendo and Sega there isnt much that excites me. Its quickly becoming the N64 all over again, and once Nintendo runs out of franchises to update thatll be all she wrote.

I`m not saying there is anything on GCN or PS2 that is terribly impresive either. I just do not like the entire way that Microsoft and their fanboys act over the X-Box.

And i totally agree Chrisbid. The DreamCast was the last console that i really liked. Right now there is just abunch of copy cat games out their, making non of the next gen systems that fantastic

I`m not saying there is anything on GCN or PS2 that is terribly impresive either. I just do not like the entire way that Microsoft and their fanboys act over the X-Box.

And i totally agree Chrisbid. The DreamCast was the last console that i really liked. Right now there is just abunch of copy cat games out their, making non of the next gen systems that fantastic

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ...

MAH MAH MAH MAH MAH MAH....

Maybe Charlie Brown will care

:D

Sorry another login error by Foxy

Starscream would never be this sarcastic :D