Virtual Light Machine. Does anybody know if there exist an

answer/solution already?

Would it be possible to develope a cartridge which contains

audio IN ports (stereo) and an AD converter to easily plug

into the JAG-CD-ROM-drive? 8)

Greetinx from Germany

Micky

this hack has been made.

it consited in 'cutting' the signal coming out from the digital output of the reader and feeding an external digital signal to the unit. then you put a CD in the jag, just to let him think there is something to play, but you really feed the VLM with an external signal.

Mmmmh. While answering I was trying to find the address of the guy who did it, but I can't...

this hack has been made.

it consited in 'cutting' the signal coming out from the digital output of the reader and feeding an external digital signal to the unit. then you put a CD in the jag, just to let him think  there is something to play, but you really feed the VLM with an external signal.

Mmmmh. While answering I was trying to find the address of the guy who did it, but I can't...

I think that there was a mod where someone added an external DAC to the jaguar, but the mod costed like $250 and you still needed to put a CD in the Jag to make it think it was playing the music.

Isnt there an official external input into the vlm either on the JagCD dev kit or the test cartridge? I dont own either unfortunatly, but I remember hearing something about an external vlm input.

Hey Tyrant,

I have both the JagCD dev kit and the test cart and neither provide audio input. However, the Jaguar Test Fixture that I have does provide RCA input that will work in conjunction with the VLM. I'll quote Glenn Bruner on the info he sent me:

"But you can use the board for external VLM input. That requires you to remove the two ROMs (or just one) from the board (so that the diag software doesn't take control of the Jag) and hold * + # + option with no CD in the drive while turning on the CD. Beware though that the CD laser will still try and acquire a CD while in this mode. Don't recommend running it like this for a long time."

:)

Jason

Isnt there an official external input into the vlm either on the JagCD dev kit or the test cartridge? I dont own either unfortunatly, but I remember hearing something about an external vlm input.

There is a code for external input but it was designed to work with some hardware which was never made.

Hey T-bird,

If you have it, is there any chance I could get a copy of that code? Thanks.

Jason