IGNORED

The NEW HSC 1.1 - Track & Field

Lauren Tyler

OK, ladies and germs, it's time to get the NEW High Score Club underway. And we're getting off to a running start with Track & Field!

Since I'm a little new at this, I'm just going to use a simplified layout for things.

Game Title: Track & Field

Publisher: Atari Corporation, 1984

Game Mode: Novice

(Difficulty switches and TV Type switch aren't used.)

The manual has plenty of information, but if you don't have it, there's a typed copy here. While it doesn't have any general hints, it does provide specific hints for each event. While most are rather obvious, one that should be noted is that a good angle for events that involve throwing/jumping at an angle is 45 degrees.

SCORES:

toymailman: 78,450 (+10)

Stan: 78,150 (+9)

Deteacher: 76,000 (+8 )

Liduario: 73,730 (+7)

skosh: 72,400 (+6)

gamerguy99: 72,370 (+5)

Scrabbler15: 71,780 (+4)

Vocelli: 70,250 (+3)

Gorfy: 69,750 (+2)

HatefulGravey: 69,600 (+1)

pis: 57,900 (+1)

DT Koofoed: 54,270 (+1)

Miss 2600: 49,180 (+1)

Gamer__X: 45,940 (+1)

Amstari: 39,440 (+1)

Mister VCS: 38,670 (+1)

cparsley: 16,400 (+1)

TOTAL SCORES:

oymailman 10

Stan: 9

Deteacher: 8

Liduario: 7

skosh: 6

gamerguy99: 5

Scrabbler15: 4

Vocelli: 3

Gorfy: 2

HatefulGravey: 1

pis: 1

DT Koofoed: 1

Miss 2600: 1

Gamer__X: 1

Amstari: 1

Mister VCS: 1

cparsley: 1

(Anyone got any suggestions for organizing scores by name or something similar? I was thinking Excel, but I dunno if that's possible.)

By the way, since we're playing a Konami game, I was recently thinking about the old NES games published by Konami/Ultra Games, and how they had corny stories for each of their games. While you don't need one for this one, I might hold a 'mini-contest' for future games to see who can come up with the funniest 'Ultra-games' intro.

Also, please PM me with a choice for which game you'd like to play in future rounds. Please limit it to one game only, unless I ask otherwise, such as if a game is overdone or can't be played for certain reasons. Good luck and have fun!

Edited by LarcenTyler

Whew! Rocking the joystick back and forth like mad makes my hand sore! I'll definitely try to one-up this score since I flopped on the Hammer throw, but all I have to say is WOW, this game is tricky.

14JDq.jpg

(That says 35880)

Edited by exo

I'm happy to see a new HSC Tournament :thumbsup:

I'm not sure I can play this week or in the next week but that's due a great happening:

I am a father for the first time! Yes, yesterday, 09/12, my son arrived!

Now I'm very happy with him and my wife.

And I'm very busy too!

I've found an excellent book with 700 pages, I wonder if it can teach me everything I need to know :-D

I hope I can get some time and join you as soon as possible. I've collected all high scores of each event in HSC sub-forum and posted it but I still need to pick the highest of each game by its difficulty and pm LarcenTyler letting him create the thread. Maybe this weekend I get the time to finish it.

P.S.: I don't mind starting the HSC from 1.x but now nobody will catch toymailman. Well, if that's possible...

• Like 4

I'm happy to see a new HSC Tournament :thumbsup:

I'm not sure I can play this week or in the next week but that's due a great happening:

I am a father for the first time! Yes, yesterday, 09/12, my son arrived!

Now I'm very happy with him and my wife.

And I'm very busy too!

I've found an excellent book with 700 pages, I wonder if it can teach me everything I need to know :-D

I hope I can get some time and join you as soon as possible. I've collected all high scores of each event in HSC sub-forum and posted it but I still need to pick the highest of each game by its difficulty and pm LarcenTyler letting him create the thread. Maybe this weekend I get the time to finish it.

P.S.: I don't mind starting the HSC from 1.x but now nobody will catch toymailman. Well, if that's possible...

Alright!!! Congratulations on the new one :thumbsup:

I think 700 pages will get you started, anyhow. :D

• Like 1

Track & Field - 15,160

post-9212-0-53143000-1347600589_thumb.png

Grrrr....can't get further than the first three events...

I know how you feel.......I still haven't made my way past the second event. Every single time I try to do the long jump, the angle sets at 80 degrees! Tips on setting the angle, anyone?

Score: 7,460

post-27900-0-09446700-1347630926_thumb.png

Edited by Gorfy

I don't even mess with the angle on the long jump...I still jump long enough to qualify, plus some...I have now made it to the hammer throw...my big problem is the angle on the javelin. I'm getting better, but it's hard to get it to 45 degrees without over or under shooting it. Seems like you are OK plus or minus 3 degrees...but it helps to run really fast too.

I haven't quite zeroed in on how many times you should spin around on the hammer throw...but I'm beating the heck out of my computer keyboard on this game...especially on the events where you run.

I know how you feel.......I still haven't made my way past the second event. Every single time I try to do the long jump, the angle sets at 80 degrees! Tips on setting the angle, anyone?

On Long Jump and Javelin, holding the button down increases the angle. Tapping the button gives an angle of 20-something degrees. Holding the button down the whole time makes the angle like 80 degrees. Somewhere between tapping the button and holding the button is 45 degrees, which is the goal.

The High Jump works the opposite way. Tap the button to go almost straight up and hold the button a little bit to make the jumper travel more from left to right.

For the Hammer Throw, throw on the ninth spin, The angle works the way as the Javelin.

Edited by Scrabbler15

Are we going with total score or also posting individual scores for events? Also, in the future can we start from Sunday to Sunday? It doesn't matter much to me honestly, but I know lots of people with jobs and kids would probably like having three weekend days to play instead of just two. Perhaps a minor point, but it keeps things a little more organized too. Time to play!