IGNORED

The NEW HSC 1.1 - Track & Field

Lauren Tyler

A little improvement, mainly due to my switching from the 2600 joystick to the 7800 Prosystem joystick, which seems to be a better ergonomic fit for this game. If you got one, give it a try....

New score: 65,940

I used the prosystem too :)

But the one I got from Yurkie with the ball knob.

I'm hoping I can find time to play this one this week. I got severely delayed by a few events at the house, so I was unable to get the stream up and running just yet. I am hoping I am able to get it up and running tonight. I have plans tomorrow night, so I'm hoping for the best.

Hey Stan, you might want to check post #17. ;)

Oh, sorry man! How did I miss that? Did you revise it after you first posted a lower score? I must have based it on that or just missed it. Third then. I'm happy with that for now. Damn hurdles is my problem, the joystick moves so much it's easy to miss the button.

So what is it about the joystick that makes it easier to run faster? Sadly I do not own this game so I haven't played it on the real hardware yet. I do have a Harmony cart so I could, I just ran it in emulation because I was sitting at the computer when I noticed the next season had started. I would have though the kyboard would be easier. I can tap buttons faster than I can move the stick, but it would seem I was wrong.

I thought i would do really bad considering the time limit, but then I got this score. 5th place ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh yeah. I just stayed calm and I got the score. This is my first year so I'm giving all I got, and even then I not done. So look out. plus I'm so close to getting 2.43 on high jump. :!:

post-33984-0-49724000-1347999448_thumb.jpg

Edited by gamerguy99
  • Like 1

unbelievable I'm not first but I'm excited. I got so frustrated when my dad got a new score but now I took his spot at 3rd place and theres a good start for the season. aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssssssoooooooooooooommmmmmmmm

:lol: :lolblue: :lol: :lolblue: p.s. my dads score was 71,780

post-33984-0-07748700-1348007063_thumb.jpg

Edited by gamerguy99

unbelievable I'm not first but I'm excited. I got so frustrated when my dad got a new score but now I took his spot at 3rd place and theres a good start for the season. aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssssssoooooooooooooommmmmmmmm

:lol: :lolblue: :lol: :lolblue: p.s. my dads score was 71,780

I sat and watched this happen and, yes, I'm still a bit stunned by it. :-o

• Like 2

The world record for the hammer throw is 91.020, just an FYI. I would be recording that and getting me a world record there Scrabbler. Of coarse some people don't care about this that much, but I think holding an official world record would be sweet as hell.

Its 84,370 for the complete game if anyone is wondering.

The world record for the hammer throw is 91.020, just an FYI. I would be recording that and getting me a world record there Scrabbler. Of coarse some people don't care about this that much, but I think holding an official world record would be sweet as hell.

Its 84,370 for the complete game if anyone is wondering.

Does TG have a 2600 ref yet? If so then I'll be happy to send them my 92.80 hammer throw. ;)

• Like 2

Twin Galaxies is full of a bunch of pussies that use full video or representative visits as a way to keep away true gamers who wouldn't waste their time with such trivialities! Seriously, I remember laughing my ass off at the Mr. Do's Castle score. Oyama beat it by a margin of 600 times the score.

Unfortunately not. I'm waiting to submit my 868k game 3 berzerk score.

Thanks for coming in on that one. I like to read the scores and such and get an idea of the scoring in the game by the TG scoreboard, but I don't get into the community there. I had no idea they didn't have an official for the 2600 right now. Seems pretty crappy to me.

• Like 1

Thanks for coming in on that one. I like to read the scores and such and get an idea of the scoring in the game by the TG scoreboard, but I don't get into the community there. I had no idea they didn't have an official for the 2600 right now. Seems pretty crappy to me.

I have no idea what's going on over there. I wish I knew... I would hate to see that community go away or fight with each other to the point that the place disappears. I heard Todd Rogers is the temp referee right now, but I haven't heard from him personally in a while.

Damn Liduario, that score would have been very nice if you had cleared the high jump.

I moved to the Harmony cart. Turns out the joysticks I modded with micro switches a good while bad work pretty well for this game. The timing is a little different on the real hardware so I'm back to struggling with the hammer but I have cleared it a time or two. I have only cleared the high jump once and even then I only just cleared it.

Not too much better, but I'll take it. I'm going to get a few more tries in today for sure.

post-26868-0-08648700-1348082186_thumb.jpg