IGNORED

7800 HSC Season 5 - Game 14 !Joust!

JacobZu7zu7

Good to see a new player. Welcome!

All emulators and controllers are allowed. just make sure you don't use extra features or bugs in your advantage.

Save states, turbo buttons, slow emulators...

Thank You for the Welcome...I use everything stock right out the box...no enhancements..hacks..turbos or anything like that...takes away from the fun. I bought an Atari 7800 from the Federated Stores...(shows age) ...and played it so much that I burned out the voltage regulator on it.. replaced it 6 times before I could find them anymore. Then the power supply died...could not find any of those.. so I went to the emulator route...and promised myself to get as close to the real thing as possible. Only thing I can't seem to get quite right is the artifacting that blends the colors on CRT televisions.

76,650. I finally figured it out in the middle of this game. I had been playing all wrong, which is why my score had plateaued where it had. Hopeully now that I've gotten past that, I can turn in some better scores.

post-5952-0-40458200-1348566557_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atarifever

Welcome aboard, NIKON!

That's a pretty snazzy looking controller. How do you like using it compared to a joystick?

In some games like platformers...Mario Bros...Scrapyard Dog..etc pad is way better but games like Robotron 2084 I wish I had two joystick controllers..for right now I use the pad for moving and am forced to use the keyboard for firing...very cumbersome but doable. (I use emulators now)

That particular controller comes with a CD for customizing the controller but I never bothered with it because kept getting errors from the software...so I deleted the program and just remap the buttons as necc. for each game.

The Atari 7800 Proline controller should have never been put to market...that has got to be the most uncomfortable controller ever made. Ones hand should not be sore after two rounds of any game on the 7800..but with that controller they were. and besides the dome switches kept breaking...got tired of repairing the thing..went out and bought some contact switch controllers. Loud clicking but much easier on the hands.

In some games like platformers...Mario Bros...Scrapyard Dog..etc pad is way better but games like Robotron 2084 I wish I had two joystick controllers..for right now I use the pad for moving and am forced to use the keyboard for firing...very cumbersome but doable. (I use emulators now)

That particular controller comes with a CD for customizing the controller but I never bothered with it because kept getting errors from the software...so I deleted the program and just remap the buttons as necc. for each game.

The Atari 7800 Proline controller should have never been put to market...that has got to be the most uncomfortable controller ever made. Ones hand should not be sore after two rounds of any game on the 7800..but with that controller they were. and besides the dome switches kept breaking...got tired of repairing the thing..went out and bought some contact switch controllers. Loud clicking but much easier on the hands.

I've bought thegoldenax (an AtariAge member) a standard nes and the nes advantage arcade stick both adapted to be used with the 7800 :-D

I also have the prosystem controls with ball knobs replacing the stick. These I got from Yurkie (another AA member). He's fantastic with his modded Atari 7800.

Unfortunately I only have DK JR, Pole Position, Galaga and Dig Dug :( But I can play with my nes control in my pc when the game only uses one button (that's due to the stelladaptor I use)

I only gave this a few tries and did better on expert as well.

Intermediate

Expert

WELCOME BACK, SKOSH!! INCREDIBLE SCORE YOU GOT IN JOUST EXPERT!!

YOU STAYED SOME WEEKS WITHOUT COMPETING WITH US!!

I WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE YOU FOR WINNING THE UNIQUE GAME ON THIS SEASON - WATER SKI!!

Edited by oyamafamily

WELCOME BACK, SKOSH!! INCREDIBLE SCORE YOU GOT IN JOUST EXPERT!!

YOU STAYED SOME WEEKS WITHOUT COMPETING WITH US!!

I WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE YOU FOR WINNING THE UNIQUE GAME ON THIS SEASON - WATER SKI!!

Thanks! Just took a break from the individual system HSC for a while to particpate in the knockouts. Plan to play in the various HSCs again time permitting. Never enough time to do everything :(

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks! Just took a break from the individual system HSC for a while to particpate in the knockouts. Plan to play in the various HSCs again time permitting. Never enough time to do everything :(

You also won the WHOLE DEAL... a Colecovision knockout and the Grand Champions knockout...

great gaming skills there bud...