IGNORED

Advice on selling

Brad2600

I sold 2 items on EBay yesterday and I have yet to hear from the buyer regarding how they will pay and all. Should I wait a while longer or what?

One of the persons who bid has zero feedback. I'm worried that person might not pay and I really need the money from both deals as I spent my whole check on making the rent and I'm really broke now.

I hope they come through with the payment or I will be VERY angry! :x

I just don't like the idea of someone not paying. They have a week to do so and I'll see what happens then.

Yeah, most people reply within 4 days. If they don't, I send

a personal reminder (instead of, or in addition to, the eBay

payment reminder).

eBay sends craploads of emails that all start to look alike.

Sometimes you can send someone an invoice through eBay

and they dismiss it as just more eBay junk. I make sure to send

"personal" copies of the invoices, with simple subject lines,

just so they stand out from the typical eBay mail dump.

Even after all that, some buyers have claimed that I didn't

contact them or that they didn't know they should reply

(hello??? McFly????).

For example, I'm currently waiting on one payment that

was mailed two weeks ago, then last week (sure!) and another

payment that would be paid "in a couple of days" through Paypal.

Both cases are well past the time limits I set in my auction

rules (it's important to state them clearly) but I give people

many chances to screw up before reporting to eBay and posting

negative feedback.

Well the auction I had for 30 vinyl records..I did get email from the buyer and they thought the shipping was too much and since I estimated the shipping(I'm clueless), I took it to the post office and got a better shipping rate.

Hopefully they pay me next now that I have the correct shipping quota. Seller's mistake I guess.

As for the 2600 auction? :ponder: If no response by Friday, then it's negative feedback for this zero feedback bidder! :twisted:

As for the 2600 auction?   :ponder:   If no response by Friday, then it's negative feedback for this zero feedback bidder!  :twisted:

Did you state in the auction when payment was expected by? I usually give them 10 days to pay and around 5 days to respond before sending my first reminder.

Keep in mind that people can look into your feedback history for items you sold and check what kind of feedback you've left for your buyers in the past 30 days. If someone sees that you left excessive negatives, that may deter (?sp) them from bidding on your auctions.

I stated that I expect payment in 10 days. Bidder no.1 is waiting for a check to clear so she can't pay me yet...Bidder no.2 has sent a money order.

I have learned a lesson about shipping but I was wondering if I should feel bad or not. The first bidder contacted me about the possibility of a lower shipping rate and I obliged and got a lower estimate. However, bidder no.2 didn't ask any questions. I figure if the shipping is lower than what I asked, I can leave a few dollars in the box for her. I dunno. I don't plan to sell anything else for a long time so I won't make this mistake again.

It's been a bit rough. Since I bought the book Supercade, my finances have been a bit on the low side. I used my whole check to pay my rent and I'm so glad that I sold the 2 items. I have them all ready for shipping. Just waiting for payment. I have 2 more auctions left to pay so hopefully the for them will be there.

I'm addicted to classic games I swear. It can be dangerous but I am VERY crafty when it comes to finding solutions. I should go into business(that is if I can work on my shipping rates.. :ponder: ). I was thinking about starting a small console repair business on the side. I would just buy some connectors for the NES and clean them out and probably sell them(tested first of course) on EBay for a really decent price. I probably would lose more than I would make, but if Gamestop plans to throw out their NES games any day, I could always put a copy of Double Dribble for each NES I sell. I dunno.I just think it would be fun to learn how to repair consoles so I never have to worry about another broken one.

Just a thought mostly.

I've refunded part of the shipping before if it turned out to be less than what I had the person pay. Next time someone emails you wanting less shipping, I'd tell them that they need to pay the shipping price that's quoted in the auction, or the shipping estimate that you gave them, and if it turns out to be less, you'll refund them the difference.

I've been known to refund some shipping if I GROSSLY overestimated the cost. However, if you pack your stuff very well, in a sturdy sturdy box with proper padding, I wouldn't feel too bad about an extra buck or two over. Most people are happy to get their stuff quickly and well packaged, so if you do that you should be fine. Consider the overage your "handling" fee for you time and materials. Maybe upgrade their service to Priority Mail from media mail or first class or parcel post.

I've sold and shipped many items and I have a very good handle on shipping costs, weights, zones, charges, services and just about anything else shipping related. So, as a BUYER, if I sell a potential seller has a shipping amount listed that I may not fully agree with, I'll suggest/ask them if they can perhaps ship this item using "X" method which I know should cost "Y" amount. Many times the seller may not have known about the method I suggested or the cost involved and can be flexible. You'd be surprised how many people don't know how to use a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope or the appropriate usage of media mail. :|

The problem is that I need cash very bad now and the buyer says it will now take 3-4 days for her to pay up and it's already screwed up my weekend as I had plans to be able to enjoy myself this weekend ya know.

I dunno. I hate being broke. Next time people bid on something, they should make sure that there are no big checks that they are waiting for to clear. It only seems fair.

I dunno. :roll: