IGNORED

Transylvania, a new version

jespol

I am very proud to present to you an adaptation of a very famous classic game Transylvania, on a completely unknown French computer. I can see some perplexity in your eyes.

The target computer is an Exelvision machine, named Exeltel… a French computer using many Ti components and defined by engineers from Ti. I know that's not very enough exciting for many people. But this game uses intensively the famous vocal synthesizer TMS5220 from Ti with original samples. The intro of the game is made with original voice samples and the game itself contains many sound and voice samples. I am sure this point can interest Ti fans.

you can see a Video of the introduction, and here the web site of authors.

An emulator for Exelvision computer exists here, we can give the procedure if interested (cause of French language in the emulator).

This is the best adaptation of Transylvania from Antonio Antiochia: high resolution graphic using the 16/32 bits version (ST/Amiga), sound samples, music, very fast move in the world (fast IO access, caching method, fast command line). The game contains many surprises for people who known the game: some different riddles and different original ends.

Exetel configuration is 48ko RAM, 64ko VRAM,720ko floppy drive, 320x250 with 8 fixed colors for video

If you think that this game adaptation could interest other people (Apple fans, Transylvania fans, retrogaming fans), I let you post some information about the game. I don't know relevant US or UK sites and forums which could be interested in this news. Thanks a lot.

If interested, there are discussions about this game and more generally about technical challenges on old computers in a French forum here. We can understand and write English ( as French people can write and speak English !!!).

I will be happy to discuss with here or elsewhere you about this game. I don't want you become fans of exelvision, but I hope that you could be interested in some technical parts (related to Ti components).

I posted in this section because it is a general topic about homebrew, but the main discussion si certainly in the Ti99 programing section.

Edited by jespol