IGNORED

Pay it, or dispute it?

MegaManFan

I thought I had already put my Atari 7800 auction for Mean 18 Golf in the can (22 Atari games) then all of a sudden I got this message:

Hi,

Thanks for your payment unfortunately the shipping quoted was incorrect it is 8.50 not 5.45 the package weighs 4 pounds, it is packed and ready to go. Add 1.30 if you want insurance.  Please note we can not be resposible for uninsured packages. Please send the balance of 3.05 you can send it via Pay Pal use mmclaine@hotmail.com click on service this will allow you to pay the balance if you enter auction it will say that you have already paid.  If you send it Pay Pal by tomorrow afternoon 2 pm. the package will go out via Priority Mail tomorrow. You can also send check or money order to J.M. Luthin 222 Gerth St. SW Tumwater WA 98501.  We will hold it until the balance arrives.  We ship Tuesday and Thursday.  Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.  Kind Regards, Mara & Jay

22 cartridges weigh 4 lbs and cost 8.50 to ship? Umm I don't know about anybody else but I sent Albert 30 Atari cartridges media mail for under $5. Do I dispute this "additional surcharge" or say f'k it and pay it?

I thought I had already put my Atari 7800 auction for Mean 18 Golf in the can (22 Atari games) then all of a sudden I got this message:

Hi,

Thanks for your payment unfortunately the shipping quoted was incorrect it is 8.50 not 5.45 the package weighs 4 pounds, it is packed and ready to go. Add 1.30 if you want insurance.  Please note we can not be resposible for uninsured packages. Please send the balance of 3.05 you can send it via Pay Pal use mmclaine@hotmail.com click on service this will allow you to pay the balance if you enter auction it will say that you have already paid.  If you send it Pay Pal by tomorrow afternoon 2 pm. the package will go out via Priority Mail tomorrow. You can also send check or money order to J.M. Luthin 222 Gerth St. SW Tumwater WA 98501.  We will hold it until the balance arrives.  We ship Tuesday and Thursday.  Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.  Kind Regards, Mara & Jay

22 cartridges weigh 4 lbs and cost 8.50 to ship? Umm I don't know about anybody else but I sent Albert 30 Atari cartridges media mail for under $5. Do I dispute this "additional surcharge" or say f'k it and pay it?

f'k it and pay it ... it probably said priority mail.

The really stupid part though is that they already left me positive feedback for my quick payment. Even if I didn't pay their "surcharge" I still wouldn't get a negative. I will anyway, but it irks me that they made a mistake and +I+ have to eat it. To me that's not a good business practice; and makes it unlikely I'd ever purchase from them again after this.

22 cartridges weigh 4 lbs and cost 8.50 to ship?  Umm I don't know about anybody else but I sent Albert 30 Atari cartridges media mail for under $5.  Do I dispute this "additional surcharge" or say f'k it and pay it?

Well, normally this would piss me off, BUT it does say in the auction:

"PRIORITY Shipping will be 5.30- 10.30 Depending on zipcode ours is 98501 package weighs 4 pounds. This Is The Correct Shipping . WE ARE WILLING TO SHIP PARCEL POST FOR LESS"

They may have made an honest mistake. If they are willing to bargain on the shipping, you may ask them to send it media mail but that could be a stretch for some people.

I had a seller ask me to send him an extra 50 cents because the priority mail package he sent with 1 magazine weighed over 1 pound. It shouldn't have even been close if he knew how to pack it correctly, so he didn't get squat from me. :roll:

I agree for this one that you should probably pay since it does say up to $10.30 in the auction.

However, I don't see how people think they can get away with this. It's the sellers job to give a price for shipping. If they go to the post office AFTER telling the buyer the shipping price and they find out it's more, tough luck. I would never email the buyer again and ask for more $$ for shipping.