IGNORED

Need help! Coleco controllers :/

Danimal Collective

Ok, so, I'm a first time ColecoVision owner. Well, let me back up... my older brother would be the first Coleco owner in the family. As it turns out, he got rid of the system years ago, which made me sad since I found a whole bunch of games in my parent's crawlspace while I was rooting around in there for a mouse (long story... but since I live the closest to them, I tend to take of aaaaallll their problems :/). So I found a box of awesome games but no system...

As luck would have it, a resale shop by me had a ColecoVision system for $4.99!!!! I jumped on it and the system works... but the controllers were in awful shape. The rubber was pulled back on the cord, wires were exposed, they were filthy, yadda yadda yadda. As one would expect, the controllers broke down during a rousing game of Frenzy. They totally died. Now, I bought some "as is" on Ebay for $15... it was a gamble that didn't pay off. They were busted as well.

My question is two fold:

Can anybody here refurbish controllers for a good price?

AND

Do ColecoVision ADAM controllers work on the main console (the white ones, in case I'm not using the proper lingo)?

Welcome! :)

Thanks!

And might I say, the CV is quickly becoming my favorite system. Frenzy is just too good... but Oil's Well!!!! Sweet Jeebus! If somebody told me that game was God, I'd worship it. I remember it being good, but not THAT good :D

I need to check out these homebrews everybody seems to be all atwitter about.

If you do a search on web for Atarimax colecovision you will get a cv cart with SD card that has 2 homebrew games Mario Bros and Mr. Chin. Two very awesome games. But what this also gets you is that every colecovision game is in rom form on the web and you can download all games to that sd card and play them. This will be a huge money save and you can still buy the games if you want but at least you will know ahead of time if you like them or not.

As for controllers. Yurkie will referbish your controllers change the round hard to use joystick to an awesome easy to use should have been designed that way to begin with ball knob. And he will straighten the cords for you which lets you play further away from cv than you could with curly cord. Just pm Yurkie and you can decide if it is in your price range or not but it is definately worth it.

P.S. I find it hilarious that you found the colecovision system for less than the controllers you bought. :)

"And might I say, the CV is quickly becoming my favorite system. Frenzy is just too good... but Oil's Well!!!! Sweet Jeebus! If somebody told me that game was God, I'd worship it. I remember it being good, but not THAT good :D"

Welcome to CV. I'd probably have to say that Oil's Well is my favorite game. Not to brag, but check out my high score in the High Score section.

I have the Yourkie modded controllers also so I recommend his services.

Chuck