IGNORED

Zoom!

Yurkie

Does anyone have a copy of the Zoom! rom that works with the Everdrive MD? I have tried downloading it from a couple different sources and I get just a black screen.

I was reading some old digital copies of Sega Vision Magazine and saw Zoom! advertised and wanted to try it out.

Do you have an emulator on your PC..cuz if you do then you can check to see if the file works or not...from what I understand about the everdrive.. it wont play .smd files...but .bin. I have found a smd to bin converter just now...but have not opened it yet so I dont know how it works....I have a working zoom.smd file will work on it to see if I can convert it to bin...based on the graphics of the game.. it looks as thought this game originated from the UK division of Sega.

Edited by NIKON

see if this worksZoom!.zip

I appreciate you trying, but that one doesn't work with my Everdrive MD either.

I know there are a lot of Everdrive MD owners if someone would be nice enough to test and see if they have a working rom and hook me up it would be appreciated.

I think I know what your problem may be. When I first loaded the game onto my EverDrive just now, it booted but I was getting very strange behavior -- the controller was wigging out, autoselecting menu items, and otherwise acting strangely. Then when I power-cycled, the game stopped booting at all and I got a black screen.

What fixed it was going into the EverDrive options and turning hard reset on. Then the game booted fine and I had no problems. As soon as I turned hard reset off again, I had the same issue.

BTW I'm using a ROM from the GoodGen set which should be easy to find. But I suspect your ROM is fine and your problem is the setting I mentioned. Turning off hard reset helps with certain games (especially pirate games on a Genesis with TMSS), but it can cause problems with others, I assume because something (RAM?) isn't initialized on reset.

I hope you're not too disappointed after all that effort, because the game stinks IMHO! :D I own the cart, have beaten it, and even played through twice in a row to make sure there wasn't a third loop (since there is a second loop of sorts). Super-repetitive, very easy and yet frustrating since it's hard to see and navigate when your character is at the far end of the playfield. If you want a much better game with a vaguely similar mechanic, you might try Trampoline Terror.

• Like 2

I believe he was saying "cum on boy" and Michael Jackson really liked that idea, that's why he signed a deal with Sega to make games, Michael thought he and Sega had mutual interests...

:P

That was awful I know... but I had to say it.

Edited by Torr
  • Like 1