IGNORED

NEOchrome questions

So, been trying to play a bit with NEOchrome in an emulator, and been curious about something that I've gotten used to in grafx2 and DPaint. Is it possible to move the area you are working around while the full menu is up? I'm trying to make a picture for an animator friend of mine, and it's hard for me to do so.

As a Degas kid I wouldn't normally have anything to do with Neochrome (spit!), but you can grab a massively enhanced version (Neochrome Master) here. Not sure how well it will work in your emulator or if it includes the function you want, maybe you should look at CrackArt for a decent and well-featured ST pixel painter... but good luck & have fun pixelling on an "atari" whatever you use ;-)

• Like 2

Hi

does it have to be done on the Atari ST.

i am in the process of making a Atari ST drawing program for the PC.

and i have just add NeoChrome File format.

if you like to try and see, if the program can be use, for your purpose, then you can download a version over at Atari forum or my home page www.fedepede04.dk

if you need a version that support neoChrome file format, please contact me at f_pede@hotmail.com and i will send you the newest beta.

Best regards

Peter

Well, for me the limitation helps to force more creativity. The problem I would have after creation of a picture would be how to convert it and increase the resolution by a multiple of two or three.

Hi

the latest beta of my program, can export to modern format like (jpg, BMP, png, gif),

but that version is not release yet,

but like i said, if you send me your email. when i can send you the latest Beta.

Best regards

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

it is ok, real life first :D

the program can export in (gif,bmp,png,jpg) and you can set it to double the output resolutions or triple the output resolutions.

right now i am in the process of making the program support resize windows, it should work, but there are some small thing there need to be done, also there are still missing some drawing functions.

to keep aspect ratio when drawing a circle instead of a elipse or a box instead of rectangle, or snap a line to 45 angle, press and hold shift.

the program is still in a beta stage, but i have made a few picture in it, and have not found any critical error, but be sure to REMEMBER, to save your work, ones in a while.

Best Regards

Peter

Neochrome is the reason I spent £449 on an STM and SF354 FD bundle. It is indeed an awesome art program, far superior to Degas for lo-res stuff.

In fact before Dpaint 3 I was quite happy with doodling on the ST for days without a care in the world. Oh happy days if only it was still 1986 :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just testing my memory...but to move the picture in NeoChrome with the tool box up.. is it the right mouse button and then move the mouse up or down?

Just testing my memory...but to move the picture in NeoChrome with the tool box up.. is it the right mouse button and then move the mouse up or down?

Yes, or you can press escape to got the fullscreen (Menu is disapearing and you can got a zoomer in top border). If you want some help about Neo master i use it a lot because he got a lot of options Degas don't got (Writing masks in asm format, you can draw using rasters (16 pals by line), etc...)

GT :)

YAY! It's OK thanks, think it must be over 20 years since I last used NeoChrome (Still remember the demo(?) version that came in the Silica pack when we got our 1st STfm back in the late 80's :D).. Just testing my own memory to see if I could recall how to do it :D scary the amount of stuff tucked away in there :D :D

Also, you can use the grabber tool and pull the picture around as well. That's what I'm doing to move to other parts of the screen to work on other sections. Sadly, I might have to move to "other systems" for down the road to do pics requiring 64 on-screen colors (without software tricks), or to de-make some of the images in the Disney Animation Archives book "Layout and Background".