IGNORED

I get annoyed when my stuff is immediately flipped...

marillion

Try ending your auctions on a day other than Sunday. Unless it's a rarity that a lot of ppl have on their watch list, you're likely to be disappointed with the result. Best day for games to go cheap, there are so very many auctions ending on that day many go unnoticed. Still, I seriously doubt he'll get that much for that game. Wishful thinking imo.

I'm pretty certain that's what happened to some rare stuff I posted in auction format over the summer. I'm beginning to learn that if you want the item to sell for what it'w worth, list it with a fixed price and forget the auction. I have all the time in the world for stuff to sit around here, so I'm starting to not be worried if it takes something two months to sell. It's worth x amount, and I'll be darned if I'm letting it go for less. I will actually end an auction on the last day if there aren't any bids because I refuse to let one sniper bag something for a buck when it's worth $20.

Don't get too worked up about it. Just use it as a learning experience. As a seller you have to know how to outsmart the sellers at their own game and this guy did that to you. I can't say that I more than once, twice, 50 times or more bought stuff off craigslist to resell quick. haha I collect more now, but still flip stuff to feed my collecting. I wouldn't be surprised if some of my sales have been flipped too.

Also, after his expenses of paying for the game from you and shipping and then selling it and paying commission and eBay store fees (if he actually has one) he probably only got off with a twenty at best. My suggestion is to sell on half.com. It's fixed priced listings and you can even have your stuff listed concurrently on eBay! half.com is owned by eBay so when it sells on either site it is out of your inventory. I have been selling on half.com since the early 2000's with much success. Amazon is great too, but stuff before NES is very spotty on whether or not you can even post certain games.

Edited by frrrosty3

Put a high fixed price or put a reserve. He can ask whatever he wants. If he sells it for his price, he made a great buy. But I see a lot of greed on Ebay for Atari games, especially for common stuff. I put what I think is fair prices, especially since I buy lots with many common boxed games that I'm stuck with. So I price stuff a little higher for the rarer stuff. I also price my items based on condition.

Phil