IGNORED

Atari 7800 composite video mod

thevnaguy

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I just did this myself today. Ordered a $10 kit off ebay, watched 8 bit guy's not very detailed video and then looked at a guide on retro fixes.

Took some liberties though. I removed the RF box and switch because why not. Also, I really didn't like the idea of drilling holes into the case and I saw no reason for dual audio jacks- especially when I had two perfectly nice holes right there in the back now. So I took a crap Atari cart that didn't work and cut an L shaped piece of plastic out of the case to use as a bracket to mount the RCA jacks into. My goal was to leave the machine as stock as possible while also allowing it to be returned to its original form without too much fuss. So I hot glued the bracket into it instead of using epoxy, which would probably be the better thing to use for stability, but like I said, I wanted to be able to undo all this stuff if need be. Hot glue can be removed. Epoxy not so much. To be able to lift the board out I put the bracket back a little so the RCA would clear the top. I'm a shit solder-er, but I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I also don't like how people leave 6' of unnecessary cable running around in their projects, so everything is fairly trim.

Ignore the tap on the case, that was left over from when I was considering drilling holes.

post-869-0-99153300-1494722292_thumb.jpg

post-869-0-68130300-1494722476_thumb.jpg

• Like 1