IGNORED

What is the most rare/valuable sealed game YOU opened?

Rev

I was talking to someone about opening the sealed D2K and he mentioned that he opens his sealed games too. I always open sealed games. I love the excitement of opening a 20 plus year old game, call me weird... :)

So, what is the rarest game you opened in your life?

It could be on any system or even back in the day or even a recent purchase. Like a game that is rare now and wasnt back then....

Recently I bought River Raid on intellivision and it has sealed except the top where you could get hte game out...i ripped that plastic right off!

I have opened quite a few intellivision games in the last few years. I dont have ANY sealed games in my collection. Maybe the rarest was beamrider?

I remember when SNES was on the way out and one time there was a bargain bin at toys r us full of Zelda Link to the Past and Super Mario RPG. They were probably 25 to 20 each, if only I knew to buy them up and save them, they would prob be worth a small fortune! But I digress...

/blabbing

Aerofighters snes. I bought it when it first came out so I never thought to keep it sealed. I always have kept my boxes and manuals in the attic though. Last year I sold just the box, manual and poster for $450. I sold the game to funcoland in the late 90's not thinking it would be worth anything. Cart only is over $100 now.

Zaxxon and Mr. Do's Castle for 5200, probably, though that was back in the 1980s. As for homebrews, I think Pier Solar is the only one I've gotten that had some kind of seal (a sticker IIRC), unless you count the Boulder Dash baggie.

Generally, I don't collect sealed games, but try to pass them on to other traders intact. Around 20 have passed through my hands over the past few years, but I've only opened a few myself.

For Intellivision, I opened a French-Canadian Mouse Trap in hopes of playing it on the Inty II (but it didn't fit), as well as Sharp Shot (which I opened to play in the HSC). Besides that, let's see...Shadow Squadron and Supreme Warrior for 32X; Pipe Dreams 3D for PlayStation; ATP Tour Championship Tennis for Genesis...is that it? I think so, though I have a Floigan Bros. for Dreamcast that's due to get opened up.

Oh, and my only copy of Dragonfire for Intellivision is sealed. If anyone wants to trade my sealed Dragonfire for a clean, CIB opened copy + anything else I need, LMK; I also have a sealed Beauty and the Beast that needs a home...

I have opened every single rare game ever released in the us on playstation 1, saturn and sega cd. I opened a tengen tetris for nes. Possibly every rare us title for super nes. I have opened custers revenge and bachelor party for 2600. I personally have to open everything unless i got it for a resell, like when i bought a tengen tetris in a lot of sealed nes games for 5 dollars from some lady and sold tetris on ebay for 500 dollars. I gave the other games which included the adventures of lolo 1,2,3 and princess tomato in the salad kingdom on nes to a friend that i trade games and movies with whenever one of us finds something we know the other wants. We dont keep track but have given each other many rare games and systems. Getting harder these days as thrift stores started using ebay or let the freshly parolled employee who has not seen a game since 1984 price the games with some stupid high prices.

At CG Expo, I bought one of those old Lock 'N' Chase games from Keith that were recently found, sealed and all. I asked him for his autograph and he asked, "on the shrink wrap?" and I responded, "I was going to rip that puppy up when I get home to play, so... NO." Then he said, "Alright, then rip away!" And I did, with much satisfaction and gusto! :)

Keith autographed the box, and as promised, I played the game when I got home.

I guess that is the "rarest" game I've ever opened, for it was older than usual, somewhat "vintage."

I also have two Intellivisions II, factory sealed in their boxes, of which I plan to open one. I intend to send it to my kid nephew, along with a sealed copy of Christmas Carol as a Christmas present (he enjoys retro-games, and I shall try to lure him away from the ColecoVision.).

I figured, he gets the satisfaction of ripping open the game, at least I get to rip open the console. :)

dZ.

I opened my gatefold Scooby Doo. I only opened the top enough to slide the entire box out of the plastic sleeve. I tested it and placed the overlays in the manual for safe storage, then slid back into the sleeve. I decided to open it because the box was a little crushed at the top and the plastic was already starting to split up there.

As far as unopened games, I have:

D2K

Jetson's Way With Words

Mind Strike

Checkers gatefold

CBS Donkey Kong (white stripes, flaming barrel)

CBS Venture

Venture

Activision: Beamrider, Dreadnaught Factor, Pitfall

misc gatefolds: Armor Battle, Space Armada, Space Battle, Space Hawk, Star Strike, Sub Hunt, Utopia, Space Spartans

non-gatefolds: AD&D Cloudy Mtn, AD&D Treasure of Tarmin, Sharp Shot, Sub Hunt, Triple Action, Vectron, Shark Shark, Soccer, Space Battle

If I have a pretty beat up (non-collectible) factory sealed game, I typically open and use the contents to upgrade my best boxed copy.