IGNORED

PhillyClassic4 ad

MegaManFan

I don't think you should be messing with the basic layout of the Site for the sake of an ad. I always use that graphic/link as my way back to the forums main page. I know I can use other means (the modem at the top of the page, for instance) but why not just put the ad under the normal link instead of replacing it like that.

I'm a creature of habit. It's hard enough getting used to not having the "24 hours" to rely on. :(

I don't like change... :sad:

This is no time for silly jokes. Tell Inspector Robbins what I said.

The intent wasn't to trick people into clicking on the PhillyClassic 4 graphic, neither Alex nor I ever used that Forums graphic to return to the main index so that aspect of changing it out escaped us. Whenever you're in a thread, there are *five* other links back to the main forum page, and four of them are at the top of the page. I personally almost always use one of the two Forum Index text links in the upper-left corner of the page, or use a Forums link I have in my browser toolbar.

We've always had plans to replace that forum graphic once we integrated the new site layout with the forums, but hadn't yet gotten around to it. We figured for now we'd replace it with the smaller PhillyClassic 4 graphic, since we'd like to help promote the show and will have a big presence there ourselves.

..Al

The end is near my friends, I fear we are slipping dangerously close to the era of pop-up ads and banner ads for our beloved Atariage. :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  

I had hoped with the activity of the new store that such a thing could be avoided. :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

Please, this is just overreacting. The PhillyClassic promoters are not paying us a single penny to put that "ad" up on the page, we did it ourselves as a way to help promote the event. We are going to be attending this event and will be spending a lot of time preparing for it, so yes we are going to spend a little effort promoting it as well.

You are not going to see pop-up ads and banner ads on AtariAge.

..Al

Please, this is just overreacting.  The PhillyClassic promoters are not paying us a single penny to put that "ad" up on the page, we did it ourselves as a way to help promote the event.  We are going to be attending this event and will be spending a lot of time preparing for it, so yes we are going to spend a little effort promoting it as well.  

You are not going to be pop-up ads and banner ads on AtariAge.

Yeah, if you want pop-up ads, go to my sites. I've got plenty. :D

eeerrrrrrrrrrrr.....

My post was a joke. I apologize. I forgot to add the little ;) at the end. My bad.

You people.... :roll: :P

If you want me to bitch for real, then here:

I don't see why its on every page of the Forums, instead of just on like the main page, or news pages.... :P

neither Alex nor I ever used that Forums graphic to return to the main index so that aspect of changing it out escaped us.

Heck I always use it to return to the main forum page. Still, I liked the addition of the PhillyClassic link.

IMO the ad is very acceptable. And I wouldn't mind if there would be one of those links everytime (always at the same spot and about the same layout), maybe to inform the speedy forum reader about the most important Atari(Age) related news (e.g. AA store now opened, new label contest, important anniversaries or maybe something like the topic of the day/week). Just keep them as little annoying as possible please.

The only thing I don't like is, that it doesn't automatically open a new window.