IGNORED

Intellivision Inc question

Steve Jones

When Intellivision Inc bought the rights to the games we all know they re-released most of the old Mattel games

in the shorter non gatefold boxes.

Does anyone know if there are Intellivision Inc versions of these common Mattel Games?:

Boxing, Backgammon, Checkers, Frog Bog, Hockey, Roulette, Loco-Motion, Sea Battle, Snafu, Tennis.

or did they still have so much Mattel stock they didn't bother?

And if anyone has any of these CIB in good condition and wants to trade or sell, please PM me

Thanks

Ah so as of October 2004 he had never seen Checkers, Frog Box, Locomotion, Snafu or Tennis in Intellivision Inc. boxes.

Has anyone else seen them since?

and who is the mysterious "Hankster" who scooped Backgammon from him :?

I have Intellivision, Inc Boxing and Hockey CIB, but not to trade (they're my only copies). I do have the Snafu box only, but not the cart or manual. I'll upload a pic soon. I don't know of a Checkers, Locomotion, Tennis, or Frog Bog.

I'm trying to acquire all of the Intellivision, Inc games as well. Here's my wishlist (ones I still need):

Backgammon, Sea Battle, Roulette, Math Fun, Bump 'n' Jump, Mr Basic, Super Series Baseball, Snafu (need cart/manual/overlays).

These games have lots of variations and I doubt I'll actively try to collect all of them. I think I have at least 3 Auto Racing variations! For now I'm fine with single CIB copies of each of the Intellivision, Inc games. I'll will probably try to get all of the bright yellow and non-copyrighted overlays, though. I love overlays!

SNAFU?!?!? Oooh, I'd like to see that. I can add that to what I thought was my only missing Intellivision Inc game...Hockey. (Which, as a Canadian, is very embarrassing). I'm also missing a Pinball variation, with the UPC code on the bottom of the box. (If you have this, you're my new best friend and my trading partner.) :-D (Along, with Hockey and Snafu of course)

OK, so here it is:

Snafu by Intellivision, Inc (Front)

Snafu by Intellivision, Inc (Back)

Snafu by Intellivision, Inc (Spine)

It's a little beat up, but I'm glad I picked it up. I knew I didn't have it yet, but didn't realize it was that hard to find. It came with a cart and manual, but they were the colored USA versions that normally came with the gatefold. Do we know if the black & white cart and manual exist? I would assume so since the box exists, but have never seen them.

• Like 1

When Intellivision Inc bought the rights to the games we all know they re-released most of the old Mattel games

in the shorter non gatefold boxes.

Does anyone know if there are Intellivision Inc versions of these common Mattel Games?:

Boxing, Backgammon, Checkers, Frog Bog, Hockey, Roulette, Loco-Motion, Sea Battle, Snafu, Tennis.

or did they still have so much Mattel stock they didn't bother?

And if anyone has any of these CIB in good condition and wants to trade or sell, please PM me

Thanks

Have you hit up eightiesvault yet ? I just did and I am very pleased with the pricing even with the FedEx shipping

Also great thread as this is where I am currently chasing some of the same titles, great info ! and cool Snafu pics !!

OK, so here it is:

It's a little beat up, but I'm glad I picked it up. I knew I didn't have it yet, but didn't realize it was that hard to find. It came with a cart and manual, but they were the colored USA versions that normally came with the gatefold. Do we know if the black & white cart and manual exist? I would assume so since the box exists, but have never seen them.

Awesome find! Did that come in a lot? I havent really looked for the cart or manual since I wasn't sure the box existed.....

Hmm ... are these the non-gatefold boxes that have Intellivision Inc on the back (and have crappy manuals!) that we're talking about? If so, these are the ones that I have:

Skiing (CIB)

Hockey (No Manual)

AD&D Tarmin (aren't they all Intellivision Inc?)

Armor Battle (CIB)

Star Strike (CIB)

Armor Battle (Sealed)

AD&D Tarmin (Sealed)

Auto Racing (Sealed with crushed in box)

Mission X (Sealed with crushed in box)

Night Stalker (CIB)

And is this the Snafu that you're talking about?

post-31049-0-57213800-1349408113_thumb.jpg

post-31049-0-97469300-1349408118_thumb.jpg

post-31049-0-13699200-1349408127_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fushek

Hmm ... are these the non-gatefold boxes that have Intellivision Inc on the back (and have crappy manuals!) that we're talking about? If so, these are the ones that I have:

Skiing (CIB)

Hockey (No Manual)

Armor Battle (CIB)

Star Strike (CIB)

Armor Battle (Sealed)

AD&D Tarmin (Sealed)

Night Stalker (CIB)

Nice. I wasn't sure if the cart and manual were black and white, but apparently they are. I'm checking with the guy I got the box from to see if he has the cart and manual [fingers crossed]

I thought AD&D T of T was Intellivision Inc only until I saw this on ebay today look closely bottom right you can see Mattel

post-32869-0-48872800-1349408456_thumb.jpg

Good eye! And I just found a set of instructions for AD&D T of T in my piles that is Mattel as well. Duh ... should have noticed that it was nice, colored and glossy and should have realized that it was couldn't be Intellivision Inc!

So it seems like some of you guys have extras, anybody willing to sell or trade?

I need the Mattel version of ADD:Tof T and Intellivision Inc versions of Backgammon, Boxing, Chess, Hockey, Roulette, Sea Battle, Shark Shark, Snafu.

I have some good things to trade, lots of the newer yet now unavailable homebrews etc.

Skiing (CIB)

Hockey (No Manual)

Armor Battle (CIB)

Star Strike (CIB)

Armor Battle (Sealed)

AD&D Tarmin (Sealed)

Night Stalker (CIB)

Hockey? Snafu? :)

I think the Mattel version is fairly common. I have 3-4 of them. The cart is blue and the manual is in color. http://www.intvfunhouse.com/games/dndt.php

It's actually not the easiest box to find as Mattel games go, in fact, it's probably one of only a few games where the Intellivision Inc version is more common than the Mattel version. Those are good finds. I really like that blue cart label too.

So it seems like some of you guys have extras, anybody willing to sell or trade?

I need the Mattel version of ADD:Tof T and Intellivision Inc versions of Backgammon, Boxing, Chess, Hockey, Roulette, Sea Battle, Shark Shark, Snafu.

I have some good things to trade, lots of the newer yet now unavailable homebrews etc.

Yep, I'm willing to trade as so far I haven't contracted the "variation influenza" and I'm just trying to inch closer to 125!

The hockey isn't in the greatest condition and I'll have to double check as I think that (along with missing the manual) that the cart wasn't a white label version. I can send anyone interested a picture of it tonight after work. Also have a couple of Intellivision Inc loose manuals (including Shark Shark) if you would want them as well.

Here's my missing list for potential trades and I'm really only looking for CIB:

Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling

Commando

Congo Bongo

Defender

Dig Dug

Diner

Donkey Kong Jr.

Fathom

Hover Force

Kool-Aid Man

Lady Bug

Learning Fun I

Learning Fun II

Melody Blaster

Mind Strike

Mountain Madness: Super Pro Skiing

Mr. Basic Meets Bits 'N Bytes

Pole Position

Scooby Doo's Maze Chase

Sewer Sam

Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey

Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball

Stadium Mud Buggies

Super Cobra

Super Pro Decathlon

The Jetsons' Ways With Words

Thin Ice

Triple Challenge

Tropical Trouble

Turbo

Tutankham

Venture

World Series Major League Baseball

Worm Whomper

Rocky and Bullwinkle (the only recent homebrew that I somehow missed!)

Anyone interested, shoot me a pm and we'll see if we can help each other out!

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up Bump 'n Jump! Up to 41/48 CIB of the Intellivision, Inc games (not sure about that denominator).

Wish list includes: Backgammon, Sea Battle, Roulette, Math Fun, Mr Basic, Super Series Baseball, Snafu (need cart/manual/overlays).

Edited by JasonlikesINTV