IGNORED

Defender of the Crown - promo video and news

Rev

New video as in another one? Because I saw the first one he made...

This one looks to be updated and uses all Intellivision graphics. Really good video ... although I'd recommend the following tweaks of the grammar:

Siege is misspelled.

"Land Your Armies" ... I'm assuming that you mean "Lead Your Armies"

"Rescue Damsel in Distress" should be either "Rescue Damsels" or "Rescue a Damsel". I would say "Rescue Damsels" (I don't know about you, but I want more than one!)

Maybe instead of "Amazing Heroes", you go with Legendary Heroes? Amazing for some reason doesn't sound right to me.

Just my two cents ... great work Voltron, I can see why you are the Defender of the Universe (I can still remember rushing through my paper route to get back in time to see that show!)

will work on changes Friday night or Saturday. I will try to place Legendary heroes but I may have issues with sizing and part of it being cut off so If you can think of other terms to use, that is the length of amazing heroes or uses less letters, post it here, just in case legendary heroes is too big/ too many letters to be displayed

Edited by voltron

Looks great, was Ceremonies spelled correctly? I wasn't really paying attention when it came up and I remember it needed correcting before. I really like it, it'll be a great thing to have as part of the kickstarter page.

Any spelling errors let me know.... you guys should know by now im the king of typos.

Apart from the suggestions mentioned already, I have only one more comment: At the end it says "In the year of our Lord 1149." This seems strangely out of place, disjointed. It looses its context by being at the very end. So, I would suggest the following:

- Either mention it at the beginning, as part of the introduction, "In the year of our Lord 1149..."

or

- Include it at the end as a teaser to the upcoming release, "Big Game... Little Console... Coming soon... In the year of our Lord 2013."

-dZ.

A cinemaware production is used in the intellivision demo rom, and also the amiga trailer calls it a cinemaware production.

Is the Amiga version produced by Cinemaware?

Perhaps Willy may want to chime in here. Saying "a Cinemaware Production" states that the game is being produced by Cinemaware, but it is not--at least I don't think so.

Its a Cinemaware Production because the IP is theirs. Its best to think of Elektronite as the "studio" that developed the Inty version of it.

But it is not. Elecktronite is paying for the production, developing the game, and releasing and publishing it. Cinemaware owns the IP.

I just think it's something that should be considered. If Willy is okay with it and Cinemaware is fine with it, then great.

I know that legal departments get touchy with these attributions.

Just my 2 cents.

From my understanding, Defender of the Crown is a 'Cinemaware Production'......it is their game....we are presenting the Intellivision version of it.

I believe it is an accepted way to convey that we are doing a version of their game. This was put into the game long before I became involved with Elektronite. I have no problem with it....I think most people 'get it'.

Valter is corresponding direct with Cinemaware....we aren't going to do anything to piss them off (intentionally).

I heard that a Cinemaware rep saw what has been done so far with the Intellivision version and was quite impressed.

Michael showed it to him in Europe at a show. We are updating our agreement with them. They suggested a kickstarter. We are authorised to proceed.

From my understanding, Defender of the Crown is a 'Cinemaware Production'......it is their game....we are presenting the Intellivision version of it.

I believe it is an accepted way to convey that we are doing a version of their game. This was put into the game long before I became involved with Elektronite. I have no problem with it....I think most people 'get it'.

Valter is corresponding direct with Cinemaware....we aren't going to do anything to piss them off (intentionally).

I heard that a Cinemaware rep saw what has been done so far with the Intellivision version and was quite impressed.

Michael showed it to him in Europe at a show. We are updating our agreement with them. They suggested a kickstarter. We are authorised to proceed.

Cool. Would Arnauld be open to continue development if the Kickstarter succeeds?

In any case, do you have an estimated release time?

dZ.

Cool. Would Arnauld be open to continue development if the Kickstarter succeeds?

In any case, do you have an estimated release time?

dZ.

The Cinemaware today is not the Cinemaware back in the ´80s.

The brand and rights were bought by a couple of game fans like us. They´re trying to keep the brand alive by doing ports of the classics (Defender of the Crown for iOS) or new versions (Wings).

I met at a retro show the german representative of Cinemaware (in Germany a well known retro games video blogger) and he was very pleased what I showed him. One day later Elektronite got the ok from Cinemaware.

Is the Amiga version produced by Cinemaware?

Perhaps Willy may want to chime in here. Saying "a Cinemaware Production" states that the game is being produced by Cinemaware, but it is not--at least I don't think so.

I dont believe "a Cinemaware production" is correct anyway..

Edited by vprette