IGNORED

Forza Horizon

onlysublime

I'm not sure that I'm onboard with this one. FM4 is the best game I've ever played with a car in it, but in the video, the comment about advanced tuning "being a no-show" risks letting down my addiction to tweaking low-power cars.

A lot of roads appear a little to straight for my liking too.

Additionally, I suspect that "challenge anybody on the road" is going to mean that when I put down the road in my Miata, I'm going to get rear ended by a lot of jerks constantly challenging me because they can win. I'm assuming that the whole point of the game is freeroam multiplayer, because what else would it be?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really loving the huge open world aspect of this game. It has some amazing cars for cruising (I actually didn't navigate very much of the map because the video was already too long):

I'm cruising in the 1956 Jaguar D-Type.

0:00 A Real Hero (College ft. Electric Youth). 3:27 the Colorado sunset.

4:26 Strangers in a Car (Marc Cohn). 6:44 checking out the full moon.

7:16 Neela Drifts (Brian Tyler). 7:57 the observatory.

10:34 Blindsided (Bon Iver). 10:35 sunrise.

16:01 We Own the Sky (M83). 18:29 the beautiful win farm.

21:04 Rez (Underworld). 24:15 one of the beautiful waterfalls. 25:49 going over the dam.

31:03 Holoscene (Bon Iver).

36:40 Every Night (Imagine Dragons).

40:16 Take Over the World (The Courteeners).

44:01 Everything'll Be Alright (Will's Lullaby) (Joshua Radin).

I barely covered the area in the game which is a testament to how huge it is. I did backtrack a few of the roads because when I was recording, I didn't know I'd be making this kind of video. It covers a full day cycle. Editing the audio for the video resulted in a lot of video compression which I apologize for.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking this game hasn't sold very well. The Microsoft Store still hasn't sold out of their $15 + free shipping copies.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/pd/ThemeID.27509700/Forza-Horizon-for-Xbox-360/productID.258471400

I went ahead and ordered one from MS. Hopefully the rally expansion is cool when it comes out next month.

Picked up 2 copies during Black Friday ($15). So far,having a blast. The game physics are a bit "too"arcadish. But for what it is, it's good fun.

did you guys change your driving settings to give that more realistic feeling?

I must really suck as a racer because while the demo was super easy to control, the retail version hasn't been. It's definitely not arcadish like Burnout/Need for Speed where I never lose control and whenever you come close, you just nitro to get yourself straight. I easily lose traction in Horizon, especially with the high powered machines.

did you guys change your driving settings to give that more realistic feeling?

I must really suck as a racer because while the demo was super easy to control, the retail version hasn't been. It's definitely not arcadish like Burnout/Need for Speed where I never lose control and whenever you come close, you just nitro to get yourself straight. I easily lose traction in Horizon, especially with the high powered machines.

I should clarify... Things like head-on collisions seem very cheap. Yeah the controls take a bit tuning. It seems that the game can't decide what it really wants to be. A sim? An arcade racer? It's missing some key arcade racing ingredients (like shortcuts, weird areas, etc...). I think it is trying to fill the void a bit where Project Gotham left off. Not a bad game though. It's easily worth $15. The driving environments are stunning. Personally, I am having a hard time on the Style Stunt PR events.

I'm thinking this game hasn't sold very well. The Microsoft Store still hasn't sold out of their $15 + free shipping copies.

http://www.microsoft...uctID.258471400

I went ahead and ordered one from MS. Hopefully the rally expansion is cool when it comes out next month.

They had been sold out for a while....they must now have replenished their stock, because when I went on-line and ordered up some games on Friday (ended up getting Fable: The Journey for myself and Nat Geo Kinect for the kids) they were sold out at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

alright, since I'm a Forza Horizon n00b, I thought a spreadsheet would help me and others.

I created a spreadsheet and it's editable by anyone that wants to make additions to it. I did my best to check for typos but if any of you see typos, please correct it and put in the notes that you corrected it. Also, since some cars are repeated, if the car is slightly different (for example, you have the default Viper and the special Forza Horizon Viper), please put both down and note it in the notes that they're 2 separate entries.

Please make sure that you do not enter a car that's already on the list. Only enter again if it's slightly different.

And if you made changes to the car, if you cannot remember the original settings, please put in the notes that you modified the car.

I'd like original numbers for the cars as much as possible.

https://docs.google....eHNLcGQtVlJZMlE

Edited by onlysublime

I've just start driving the faster cars. Driving at fairly straight freeway at 220+ while dodging traffic and feeling like your eyes want to bleed... awesome... So far, there are 3 long stretches where you can really crank up the speed. One is the freeway. The other 2 are narrow surface streets but pretty straight.

I wish I owned the Zonda! I played that multiplayer (since I don't own it) and it was amazing.

https://docs.google....eHNLcGQtVlJZMlE

this spreadsheet is completely open so if you need to sort it (e.g., by AWD), then do so.

I was informed there was a comprehensive spreadsheet at the official forza motorsport forum. here, it is. however, it's completely locked as far as I can tell:

https://docs.google....wY3NzQWc#gid=12