IGNORED

Wohooo, a new record !

CPUWIZ

I've got a great idea to break this record. Send out an e-mail to all AA members. Here is the body of the e-mail.

By now you've probably noticed the stat at the bottom of the main page, just above the list of "who's online":

Most users ever online was 55 on 7/28/2002, 10:34 pm

We want to break this record, but to do it we need 50 or so volunteers to "be online" within the same 5 minute time period.

THIS MEANS YOU.

To SWEETEN the deal, I will send a Tony Fox NYC CD to one random person who is on the WHO IS ONLINE list when the record is broken. Sound good?  

BE THERE. 7PM EST (4PM PST). Like... NOWISH!

If this is unclear, ask questions here! Otherwise - BE THERE! Also don't forget to log in or I won't have your name for the prize.

Sounds great, eh? ;)

I never thought that I'd say this...but we owe it to DP members.

OK, I'm out of the loop. Did something go down over at DP? I've been waiting a week or so for an email reply from SK. Maybe this has something to do with it?!?

Hm, maybe it also was my post (just 18 minutes before the new record) to a public forum of the famous german computer magazine c't about the Jakks Pacific 10-in-1 system (with a link to Curt's review thread)?

Yes, but I'd have to go digging through the logs and take a look at all the referrers for that time period to see how many unique hits we were getting from their forum. If their forum is very busy then that could certainly have a lot to do with it. I thought it was odd that it suddenly shot up to 111. I'm just glad the site held up without problems (the forums here are more resource intensive than any other area of the site). :)

..Al

Yes, but I'd have to go digging through the logs and take a look at all the referrers for that time period to see how many unique hits we were getting from their forum.

I guess it shouldn't be too hard to find out if the hits where coming from a german or an US server.

If their forum is very busy then that could certainly have a lot to do with it.

Yes, the forum is quite busy (though that subject wasn't too popular).

So it's DP vs. c't! Who will win? ;)