IGNORED

The New HSC 1.5: Thunderground

Deteacher

wow this game takes practice. I just got that score. but its not over till its over. I am not one to quit, and I must catch up. My dads proud of me for making it this far. He keeps telling me that I'm playing with the big boys now :) :) :) post-33984-0-07540800-1350866558_thumb.jpg

It took me many tries before I could crack 100k. That's a good milestone! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wow this game takes practice. I just got that score. but its not over till its over. I am not one to quit, and I must catch up. My dads proud of me for making it this far. He keeps telling me that I'm playing with the big boys now :) :) :) post-33984-0-07540800-1350866558_thumb.jpg

Ok, I'm going to confess: I lost my Atari (a Vader model) when I was about your age. At that time I even didn't know about A / B difficult switch :-o . There was a channel switch and two others!

And I didn't play for points! I had Thunderground and I could destroy all six targets. That's it, I was happy with it.

Are you guys collecting the items each level? It significantly increases your score. I took a picture, but unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, for some reason my Thunderground appears with bugged numbers for the score, so I had to keep track by following the chart in the manual. I collected ALL the items on every level and used a pretty sweet system to get as many tanks as I could before the timer went down. I also purposefully died a few times when I was going to get an extra life so I could have a full timer for more points. Thankfully, the lower parts of the number was legible, but I'm not sure what the deal is. I took it and you can see what I got, but it appears wonky. If there's any problem with just accepting my score as I write it here, just let me know and I'll post the picture tomorrow. I was hoping to roll it but this week was busy so this was really the first time I seriously had to play it (today). I'll reveal the secret to this game which I'm sure everyone who rolled it figured out.

Are you guys collecting the items each level? It significantly increases your score. (...)

I'll reveal the secret to this game which I'm sure everyone who rolled it figured out.

I think it's better to collect the bonus items but I like to keep focus on the battle.

The secret.

I think my game play video shows it all the time!

Hit a tank and use it as shield! In the beginning you can enter the exploding tank too!

That would be it Lid. I didn't realize it myself until I went for it once and realized the bullets weren't going through the tanks. There's a bit of an extra trick in that you need to shoot the opposite tank to the side of your next target to block the shot, otherwise you can still get hit (I assume you do that in the video).

I almost got hit so many times, I dont even know how I survived. these last couple weeks I've had alot on my plate and I'm proud of myself as well. Just by the way awsome game. :thumbsup: :grin: :)

See tank trick Lid posted, it's what I used. Honestly, though, after playing through this again (I did it before awhile ago and got further, but it was alone outside of the HSC), it gets pretty tedious and mind-numbling. Once you get the trick down it's a matter of trudging through it and seeing how long you can mentally put up with it.

Kudos and thanks to Deteacher for doing a mighty fine job as guest moderator for the week :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(He gets a thumbs-up for each day he was guest moderator :) )

Thanks Gorfy! I enjoyed doing it. I'd be willing to do it for another week here or there if the need should arise. :)