IGNORED

An Intellivision Fun Fact, By: Datari O= Kiosk Spotted

DATARI

"Sighting of Intellivision Kiosk in what appears an old Toys Are Us Store!(="

I remember my mom took me to see this movie that just came out when I was a young kid called "The Toy" with Richard Pryor ;-) O yah just remebered..the movie reel tape broke and we had to leave half way through the show lol..old school huh. If you haven't seen it you got to watch it sometime. I was really suprised to see this when I rented it again, but it makes sense because Intellivision was one of the biggest selling game system brands at the time! Anyways there is a scene in a "Toys Are Us" store it appears in the movie where Richard is working as a janitor I believe it was. The place with the Wonder Wheel incident if you've seen itO= Anyways like any good movie that has a plug for a company brand in it that sponsored the movie, in one scene in that store they walk by an Intellivision Kiosk display just like the one in my Avatar, and they stop for a minute to let it shine in the background in all it's Beauteous Glory!!! :D Intellivision would put these out in stores to advertise and get kids hooked lol. I personally remember seeing & playing on a Kiosk display for Intellivision at a Target store back in the midwest when I was a kid..o the good ol days. I also remember when Toys Are Us was closing out on all the Intellivision/Coleco stuff to make way for the brand new Nintendo junk lol.. sad

See I posted more than one that's not just advertising my Intellivision goodies!

....but yah check out my rare Intellivision stuff for sale too lol :-o

eBay Seller: tool84771?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited by DATARI

I remember the movie and I remember the kiosk.

I used to stop at the local shopping mall on my way home from school. There was a video arcade, and an electronics store. The latter had one of those kiosks, and I must have played there for hours! My Grandfather later took me there to buy me an Intellivision. I think it was 1979, I was 8 years old or so.

Ah... Memories.

I don't recall seeing the kiosk in the movie, though. I guess I'll have to watch it again (I watched it on Netflix like three months ago).

Thanks for the non-auction post! :)

dZ.