IGNORED

What would make a good twin stick/twin pad solution for Robotron?

gorfcadet

In terms of mod fodder, what controllers would make a good 2 player twin pad for Robotron? I get tired of holding two seperate pads at once to play my favorite game and saw a pic of a Virtual Boy pad that gave me ideas for a two player switch hitter setup that would be ideal for Robotron.

Player one would be the left pad and right buttons and player 2 would be the right pad and left buttons. I'd swap the buttons so there would be a red and grey button on each side and put a pretty 7800/Robotron decal on the center and the button surfaces. Of course it would have to plug up to player one and two ports of the 78 so two cords would come out of the top... maybe button 1 and two could flip based on the slider on the controller's surface?

What do you guys think? Any other controllers out there seem like a fit for this particular niche? X Arcades are too big for my office and I was thinking small easily hand held solutions.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that looks like a nice pad. I talked to Ax about converting a virtual boy pad for me so fingers crossed that will be awesome.

That's a neat idea... could map the shoulder & face buttons to the fire buttons & use with any 7800 game.

This is what I use:

genesis-arcade-power-stick-2kd4-170.jpggenesis-arcade-power-stick-2kd4-170.jpg