IGNORED

country console box question

voltron

I am curious how many country consoles boxes exist.

I know the four main one's in the USA, sylvania, sears, super pro and system 3.

I know there is a French console box, there is a French Canadian console box, the Bandai console box and the digiplay boxes from Brazil.

Are there any other nations missing? If so what are the other nation console boxes?

At the moment I have discovered around 35 different console box variations. I plan on doing a very large thread of them over the Christmas holidays. Off the top of my head, here's what I can recall (I'm at work)

Mattel Intelivision 1 - At least 7 or 8 box variations, including small, medium and large box sizes and artwork.

Mattel Intellivision 2 - At least 5 or 6 versions

Sylvania/GTE

Tandyvision

Sears

Bandai

Digiplay Intellivision 1

Digiplay Intellivision 2

INTV 3

Super Pro System

I've also found 4 or 5 UK versions.

Australian INTV 3 (Can't recall an INTV 1 from there?)

French Canadian - 2 or 3 versions of the INTV 1, and a couple of the INTV 2

Italian - 3? versions

French - 2 or 3

German - 2 or 3

Mexican

Some of these are just variations with stickers on them but if it looks different than the ones I have, I want it! I suspect I may have one of the largest collections of CIB Intellivision hardware, including three different Intellivoices, both white and brown ECS and ECS Synths, and the Atari System Changer.

By the way Voltron, I have a few duplicates of some of the European ones for you as well that we can add to your very large and growing pile. :)

• Like 1

At the moment I have discovered around 35 different console box variations. I plan on doing a very large thread of them over the Christmas holidays. Off the top of my head, here's what I can recall (I'm at work)

Mattel Intelivision 1 - At least 7 or 8 box variations, including small, medium and large box sizes and artwork.

Sylvania/GTE

Tandyvision

Sears

Bandai

Digiplay Intellivision 1

Digiplay Intellivision 2

INTV 3

Super Pro System

Italian - 3? versions

French - 2 or 3

German - 2 or 3

Mexican

Some of these are just variations with stickers on them but if it looks different than the ones I have, I want it! I suspect I may have one of the largest collections of CIB Intellivision hardware, including three different Intellivoices, both white and brown ECS and ECS Synths, and the Atari System Changer.

By the way Voltron, I have a few duplicates of some of the European ones for you as well that we can add to your very large and growing pile. :)

at the momemnt my only foreign consoles are French and Bandai. So im missing Other Europeans and Mexican and Brazil

Hey CMart, are you sure there was an Australian INTV3? I have only seen Intellivision 1s here.

Yep, I have one. It'll be in the thread. Do you have an Intellivison 1 with some reference to Australia on the box? If so I'd like to see pics please so I know what I'm looking for. :)

Yep, I have one. It'll be in the thread. Do you have an Intellivison 1 with some reference to Australia on the box? If so I'd like to see pics please so I know what I'm looking for. :)

I'll check my Intelly box when I can (its currently in storage) and now keep an eye out for INTV 3 units in Oz!!!

• 10 years later...
On 10/24/2012 at 11:04 AM, cmart604 said:

Sylvania/GTE

Tandyvision

Sears

Bandai

Digiplay Intellivision 1

Digiplay Intellivision 2

INTV 3

Super Pro System

Italian - 3? versions

French - 2 or 3

German - 2 or 3

Mexican

Just noticed I was planning on doing a hardware thread 11 years ago! Lol. Still planning that, although I'm now aware (and have) many more systems to catalog. One day.....

• Haha 2

On 10/24/2012 at 1:04 PM, cmart604 said:

Sylvania/GTE

Tandyvision

Sears

Bandai

Digiplay Intellivision 1

Digiplay Intellivision 2

INTV 3

Super Pro System

Italian - 3? versions

French - 2 or 3

German - 2 or 3

Mexican

Dont forget the Arabic system III Cmart...

post-31518-0-72507000-1536971610_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, abeckett said:

Got this specimen today complete with Lifestyle sticker. Slightly different configuration than my more battered one with packin game of “Draughts”.

IMG_8250.jpeg

IMG_8251.jpeg

IMG_8252.jpeg

IMG_8253.jpeg

IMG_8256.jpeg

IMG_8257.jpeg

Amazing catch Anthony!!!

Congratulations!!!

And thank you for sharing.

That sticker it’s really cool…

If you find another one out there don’t hesitate and grab it for me!👍👍👍🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Amazing catch Anthony!!!

Congratulations!!!

And thank you for sharing.

That sticker it’s really cool…

If you find another one out there don’t hesitate and grab it for me!👍👍👍🙏🙏🙏

Sure thing mate - will do. :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Awesome! I was watching that one. You got a great deal I think. Yay for stickers! For some reason the Draughts one is one of my favourite stickers for no particularly rational reason. 

Yep. I made a low offer and they responded with a counter that I immediately accepted. :) very happy with the deal!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Dont forget the Arabic system III Cmart...

post-31518-0-72507000-1536971610_thumb.jpg

Yep I've added many variants since my grand plans from 2012. Lol. (Including the Arabic one, which I believe might be the most expensive CIB Inty to date) 😬