IGNORED

Printing mistake in the 800XL manual

Ross PK

Back in around 1985 when I first got an Atari 800XL, I was typing in programs from the manual that came with the computer.

They wouldn't work though, turns out that PLOT was printed as PILOT in the manual, I remember my nephew at the time pointing it out to me when I was trying to get a program to work which created thunder and lightening on the screen.

I wonder if all the manuals had this mistake in them, or if it was something that was really rare?

Anyone noticed PLOT being printed as PILOT in their 800XL manual?

Edited by Ross PK

I remember being horribly frustrated that the programming examples with the command COLOR kept giving me error messages when I tried to run them. It took me a while to realize that I was using Canadian spelling of "COLOUR".

That would be the proper British spelling :)

• Like 2

I remember being horribly frustrated that the programming examples with the command COLOR kept giving me error messages when I tried to run them. It took me a while to realize that I was using Canadian spelling of "COLOUR".

Ha! I did that too when I first started programming - and that was on a TRS-80 "Colour Computer". (Canadian boxes for the computer actually had the correct spelling "Colour") I got plenty of syntax errors on that one.

I was thrilled when I got AMOS BASIC for the Amiga and I had a choice to spell commands "COLOUR" and "CENTRE".

Edited by Mr.Amiga500
  • Like 1