IGNORED

Notice of Resignation

Lauren Tyler

Dear fellow HSCer's,

When I took over the High Score Club, I was eager to keep it going fluidly and keep the fun from before going as well. That was my intention.

Unfortunately, real life got in the way in more ways than one. As a result, I have turned out to not be a good host of the High Score Club. It's unfortunate, but it's true all the same.

Thusly, while I hate to leave the club without someone in charge, I feel nonetheless that the best kind of action for this situation for me would be to resign as the moderator of the Atari 2600 High Score club. I am very sorry that this had to happen, but given that things aren't working out, I feel it's better that we try to pick a new moderator instead. I am truly ashamed of what I've done, and I have failed to live up to your expectations.

Whether you want to discuss it and/or hold a poll for it, either way is fine. But know that no matter how much I say I'm sorry, it'll never stop how ashamed I feel. I am hoping that with a new moderator will make things more fun again. Please forgive me for this, and for ruining the High Score Club.

Yours truly,

Larcen Tyler.

• Like 5

Larcen,

There's no need to feel ashamed. There are more important things in life than this HSC, and you had to attend to those things first. We all get overwhelmed at times and have to prioritize in triage-like manner. I hope you don't take it personally that we had people fill in for you and that we had a poll. This was done out of the concern for keeping things running, that's all. I also hope you continue to play along with us in the hsc, as you've done for a long time now. When things settle down for you in the future, you may very well have another opportunity to moderate when you're able to give the task more attention. I think most of us would like to see that happen.

• Like 3

No shame at all.

When we were asked to be moderator, only you and Mr. VCS volunteered. A man should be proud when he's ready to help.

As Gorfy said, life is much more important and you should be proud when you choose the right things.

As Yurkie posted, you're BIG when you post this thread. Some will come as moderators, many will attend real life first, but I expect very few to post your words.

Oh, and you didn't ruin the HSC at all. We're all together in this Club and we just keep running things (again as Gorfy said). As you can see, we didn't start everything. We're building upon your start.

• Like 1

Wow, Larcen. I think you're being way too hard on yourself, here. Like Liduario said, no one else really offered to help. Being an HSC moderator (or any kind of moderator) is a pretty thankless job. I do a horrible job of moderating the NES HSC, but so did the guy before me. And everyone who has ever offered to help me out has ended up flaking as well. I'm not saying that to sound like a jerk, but just to point out that no one else is any less flaky than you or I, and at least we stepped up and tried to do our best to run things when no one else wanted to do it. So hold your head high, my friend.

Chris

• Like 1

Larcen,

You have no reason to feel ashamed. I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I was the moderator for the Arcade/MAME HSC for about a year and a half. During that time, I had the time and ability to run things and keep things going. But, as you said, life has it's way of taking over and other stuff has to take a back seat. I bowed out of the HSC and someone took over and that HSC is once again flourishing.

Don't ever feel the need to apologize. The reality is that there are things in life more important than Atari (yes, I said it.) :)

Best of luck to you, sir! :)

• Like 1