IGNORED

Old PC & Console games you'd have liked Coleco to make for the Colecovision

hit_man

What PC and or games for other consoles would you like to see on the Colecovision?

If I could pray to the Colecovision gods for one game it would be Zeliard. Zeliard was created by Game Arts and originally released on the NEC PC-8801 then later ported to DOS. This game is filled with a lot of awesome. The gameplay itself is sort of a cross between Namco's Dragon Buster and a RPG. It also has a kick ass sound track (like many of the other games released by Game Arts).

http://youtu.be/WkAnWnfmQCM

http://youtu.be/3Nqgjs5wYnU

I don't know if this game is technicaly possible on the Colecovision or the SGM but a man can dream :grin:

Here's some of the preliminary works on LsL for ColecoVision

You must be using sprites to complete the screens a lot, because I'm seing violations of the two-color rule all over those mockups. :)

Still, they look very nice. I do wonder how the control setup would work... Would 12 keypad keys be enough to replace the PC keyboard? I suppose the trigger buttons could bring up on-screen menus...

You must be using sprites to complete the screens a lot, because I'm seing violations of the two-color rule all over those mockups. :)

Yeah, there is some works to do to respect the two-color rule

However, I also think to use sprites to fill some gap

Still, they look very nice. I do wonder how the control setup would work... Would 12 keypad keys be enough to replace the PC keyboard? I suppose the trigger buttons could bring up on-screen menus...

Control will work using the 12 keypad keys with combination of words/sentences

A sub menu will probably also used

Fire buttons will be used .... Not sure if I will use the SA buttons too

Those Leisure Suit Larry screens look awesome. I've been wondering if the CV could pull off something like Maniac Mansion, like the Commodore 64 version using the Roller Controller for a cursor.

Another fun C64 to CV project could be Barbarian. It was just a simple 1 on 1 fighter, with 2 guys with swords. I remember seeing it when was I about 4 years old and being amazed that their heads could be sliced off with a few pixels of blood. Some lizard guy would carry away the body and kick the head like a soccer ball. :D Mortal Kombat for the '80s?

Edited by Zenimus

Those LSL screens look fantastic! I so want to see this game someday. So many fun memories from playing this on an old pc back in the day.

Thanks, yeah, I also want this game to see the ligh of day

This will be my tribute to Mr. Lowe

I bough a CIB PC Leisure Suit Larry just to be able to capture everything found in the original game and also the manual

I also plan to add some stuff not found in the original game, some secrets and easter eggs

Maybe like some homebrewers will be in the game :lol: ;) :P

Eduardo, Luc, Daniel, PKK, Dvik/joyrex, Scott Huggins, Kevin Horton, Youki, Bfg-passion, nanochess, the Brotherhood, and the others.... Check your back! , you might be present in this game! ;)

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

Oh, ...... And this will be a SGM exclusive game by the way ;)

I still not understand why you need SGM for this kind of game. You just need MegaRoms.

512 bytes of RAM , would be largely enougth to keep track of all states done in the game. (512 bytes = 4096 bits!)

and the 512 other byte left, is enough to handle the remaining. Stack , and other mechanics of the game.

anyway, your Screenshot looks amazing , but as said Luc, it seems some does not respect the rules.

I still not understand why you need SGM for this kind of game. You just need MegaRoms.

512 bytes of RAM , would be largely enougth to keep track of all states done in the game. (512 bytes = 4096 bits!)

and the 512 other byte left, is enough to handle the remaining. Stack , and other mechanics of the game.

I agree. With everything carefully designed, you only need 1K to keep track of every variable in the game (most of which can be represented by a single bit). However, you'd need a way to save your progress along the way, because it can be a rather long game if you decide to take the "scenic route" and explore every nook and cranny just for fun.

Oh, and by the way, including new characters (namely us homebrewers) is a cool idea, but only if it doesn't change the game too much. In my book, a tribute to Al Lowe should be faithful to the original game as much as possible. One thing you could do, however, is add an extra destination accessible via the taxi. Most of the extra characters would be found there, and whatever you do at that location wouldn't affect the rest of the game. For such an extra location, may I suggest an arcade? :)

I agree. With everything carefully designed, you only need 1K to keep track of every variable in the game (most of which can be represented by a single bit). However, you'd need a way to save your progress along the way, because it can be a rather long game if you decide to take the "scenic route" and explore every nook and cranny just for fun.

Oh, and by the way, including new characters (namely us homebrewers) is a cool idea, but only if it doesn't change the game too much. In my book, a tribute to Al Lowe should be faithful to the original game as much as possible. One thing you could do, however, is add an extra destination accessible via the taxi. Most of the extra characters would be found there, and whatever you do at that location wouldn't affect the rest of the game. For such an extra location, may I suggest an arcade? :)

That is the kind of game you can easly "save" by generating a code , and restore the state from this code entered by the user from the key pad. I have already think about all that kind of thing for my "King Quest" inspired project.

But of course, it is more convinient to have a cartridge that save states as the Lord of the Dongeons one.

Luc, you are reading my mind, don't you? ;)