IGNORED

Seeking opinion for an auction

lonesome_pa

How would you handle this buyer:

Buyer won an auction. Payment due 7 days from close of auction. On the 6th day, I didn't get payment; e-mailed buyer, to which he responds that he lost my e-mail addy and that he would overnight payment to me. Another week, no payment. E-mail buyer, no response. I do a payment reminder through e-Bay; no response. I sent another e-mail; no response. Three weeks after close, I sent a non-paying bidder warning through eBay along with an e-mail from me; no response. After the 10 day waiting time, I request the credit and leave a negative feedback. Well, then I get a response from him as follows:

"When you recieve my money then please return it, i told you in the last email that i did send it because i have lost your address. Once I recieve money back i will send ebay a copy of money back to get non paying off. I didn't ignore you, so anyhow you choose your way. If you are going to be nasty please return my (money amount)"

WTF ?!?!?!?!?! I'm being nasty????? I thought I was being more than patient. It's almost a month after the close and I didn't get paid. If I do get the money, Should I send it back unopened? I don't know how to handle this. Obviously, he didn't think I would follow through on the "threat" (if you want to call it that) of filing the NPB warning. I just want to make sure I do it right so I don't get burned later on. I believe that I did everything right here. Could I have gotten the contact info; sure, but then he would have my number also. And since I was getting the no responses nor payment, one, I didn't want him to have my info, and second, I didn't want to waste any more time, much less money for the long distance call, on this than I already have.

So, how would you handle this??? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about the long post; this has me steamed. :x

You did every thing fine . If you actually do get an envelope from him, don't open it take it back to the post office and refuse it, have them send it back to him. That way you won't have to cough up a stamp.

I would not worry about a thing, nor would I answer any emails from this person. You stated your terms in the auction, they were not unreasonable, and by not fulfilling them, even with the extenuating circumstances, he broke the contract. Nothing hanging over your head. :)

It cracks me up when people make excuses for why they didn't pay, or ship, or even contact you... Umm yea I've never heard the lost email one before :roll:

Frankly, I would be very surprised IF I do get the money. But, in the slim chance I do, I'd figure I would send it back certified mail, R.R.R. That way, this "gentleman" (and I use the term loosly) can't claim I never sent it back. I'm not sure if he can get the NPB warning removed or not, but if he does leave a neg for me, it would clearly be retalitory and I'm sure people would see it that way.