IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club 1.9 - Battlezone

Vocelli

BATTLEZONE PARTICIPATION POINTS - 13,000

This week I will focus on 7800 HSC with the game Desert Falcon, which is more interesting than 2600 Battlezone.

And you said you don't like ancient Egypt...

Current 7800 round is very difficult to me, I should be allowed to use my atari 2600 tank in that desert...

Otherwise I don't stand a chance.

And you said you don't like ancient Egypt...

Current 7800 round is very difficult to me, I should be allowed to use my atari 2600 tank in that desert...

Otherwise I don't stand a chance.

Although I didn't like studying Ancient Egypt in History books, Desert Falcon is one of my favorite games.

But the 7800 version of this game is better and more exciting than the 2600 for me.

Sorry to post too much...

But I'd like to say I have a looong list of players I'd like to see here again.

Where is Gamerguy? HatefulGravey? Keilbaca? and many others...

I also would like to see some old participants again.

Jacob, a great friend this one. Luckly I see him in others HSCs!

RomHunter was surprisingly good and is an active AA member.

Shadow460 returned for a breef moment.

I'm glad Stan an old player, and my new arch nemesis, is back!

SpiceWare... Oh, no, you can keep doing those incredible games. :-D

Getting the hang of this one.

Battlezone: 138000

Vocelli

@Liduario. Think when zero left there was a big break in action. Many left. Jacob brought a lot of people back with the KO Tourney but then there was another long break in action. Hopefully, we can get the word out and only have short breaks.

post-28484-0-96814100-1352901806_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This game is graphically spectacular, but I think it's play is a little too detailed for the system's limitations. Robot Tank was always superior. I like it, but dodging bullets is damn tough. Are we allowed to get 101 in the same game as someone else? Also, please make it a rule that you're not allowed to cartridge fry in this game. It can, at times, give you infinite lives.

I think Vocelli gave the Number 1 tip for scoring high - attacking while moving backwards. When you get shot at, you can turn the tank at a 45 degree angle to the shot and back away to keep from getting hit.

The other thing that is not obvious is that the world is round. If two tanks appear behind you, you can move forward until those same tanks appear in front of you. This only works for the blue tanks. The yellow ones are too fast and they'll chase you down.

Decent first score:

I'm actually very happy I played this enough to figure it out. There's a little important trick to getting higher scores. I imagine if I have enough time this weekend to crush some more, I can probably easily break 500K. I used to hate this game, now I'm really into it. There's a little trick that makes all the difference.

As for my bonus point, here's attached my 101 score from Fast Food. I seriously tried like 10 other games but they all didn't score properly! My least favorite course, geometry. Just hated it. Calculus was my thing.

post-22322-0-22383400-1353131511_thumb.jpg

post-22322-0-51039200-1353131518_thumb.jpg

I can't sit still in my desk chair while playing this. By the end of the game, I find myself two-and-a-half feet away from the desk, skewed to the right or left.

Just happy to make the 100k club on this one....

NEW SCORE: 108,000

post-27900-0-69234800-1353166092_thumb.png

Edited by Gorfy
  • Like 1