IGNORED

what to do? Help!

voltron

This is a really tough one cause you did everything right and you got what you thought you were getting. It's totally his screw up. I think you can keep it with a clear conscience. If it were me (and I'm soft about this sort of thing), I would feel really bad for the guy because it was an honest mistake (so it seems) but it's really not your problem. He has to fix the other deal...you got what you wanted and paid for.

Yeah it was an honest mistake. and i dont feel bad bc i just recalled last night he backed off two other deals with a prominent member here on AA twice after agreeing to a deal outside of ebay. Once I remembered that i decided that im going to keep it. Plus i was reminded that i have spent a lot on his over priced items, over the last month and a half. :)

• Like 3

What if you were to avoid the entire moral and ethical dilemma, and just send the proto over to me?

I'll deal with the karma aftermath. I'd do that for you, Voltron. :)

It was only an ethhical dilema if the person, was kewl or honest. Im more of the ScarFace mentality, " I never screw over any one who didnt have it coming to them" :) Once I recalled he had back out of several deals he had AGREED to with another memeber here on AA, The ethical dilema was no longer a dilema, since now I see a pattern of breaking one deal that was agreed upon to sell it to another person bc they offered more. Sort of like the Amazon guy who cancelled my order and relisted it at a higher price. I have honored deals I made even when it cost me more to do so. And I have refused backing out of a deal I made when the second offer included more money. Imean there are people that go fishing for "better" deals and they have the right to do that, but thats not me, once I make a deal I keep that deal regardless of any better offers I may get. So in this case, he has a history of backing out of deals with other members after having aggreed to them, and the person he backed out a deal with has never done anyone wrong here, nor has he ever tried extorting more money out of an item.

Edited by voltron

Jason, do you still need Worm Whomper CIB? Cause I know a guy...... :)

I already have a mint copy (and a backup copy as well....maybe a loose cart or two). I just want allllll of them :grin: All of the Worm Whompers!

If I were to work out a trade, I'd probably be better off trading for items I need vs additional Worm Whompers. I kinda want a sealed one eventually, though.

If my package from Venezuela never arrives (includes sealed Beamrider, sealed Pitfall, sealed Dreadnaught Factor), I might give up on the plan to get a complete sealed Activision collection. We'll see....

I'm all for keeping it. I had a similar situation with a seller a while back. I bought a PS1 lot from him and he sent the lot. Every game that was pictured was sent but apparently some of the games were't actually for sale, just in the picture. I paid a decent amount of money for the lot so I ended up keeping it all but leaving him positive feedback, I say keep the Worm Whomper.