IGNORED

HxC 2000 Troubles

yell0w_lantern

I've tried the HxC forum but not gotten anything back in well over a month.

Try as I might, I just can't get anything to load from XB on this thing! Disk Manager 2 can read the HFE files but I always get errors when I boot a program. The only thing I have successfully run is the Tunnels of Doom scenario disk - QUEST loads.

Are there any tricks to this thing?

I know on my CoCO 2 I have to do a hardware reset for the disk controller to recognize the HxC and not give me an I/O error.

Maybe someone could please send me a verified HFE file that runs under XB, please?

email to:

yell0w_lantern - it's a yahoo account.

Thanks in advance

Edited by yell0w_lantern

Yep, seconded with ti99erclub's info.. make sure you have the latest firmware. Older versions of firmware had issues. Also, earlier versions of the HFE conversion programs didn't work properly either. PC99 and V9T9 disk images should work fine and be transformed into HFE files before use.

Also, have you tried emailing Jeff with the HxC project directly? hxc2001 at free dor fr

Edited by acadiel

What ?

Jeff, maybe I should have clarified... remember when we were working on the V9T9 and PC99 disk images and finally got the conversion to HFE correct? If the OP was using a really old version of the conversion program, it's quite possible they were running into issues with this.