IGNORED

Christmas Carol reviews start coming in...

DZ-Jay

The reviews for the new Christmas Carol game are starting to come in. Here's a few so far:

"This game is a lot of fun, and they did a great job squeezing every bit of performance out of the Intellivision hardware."

"I absolutely love the packaging and controller overlays--Nice release!"

"
A+
This is a pretty amazing new homebrew, and the fact that it happens to be a seasonal title is a sweet bonus."

"The gameplay, sound, graphics and animations are a success from every point of view

and with 16 levels in total, plus practice mode, there is plenty to do."

"One of the more impressive aspects to this Intellivision homebrew is the inclusion of detailed and animated cut-scene sequences."

(new)

"
9/10
Christmas Carol vs. the Ghost of Christmas Presents is a title everyone with an Intellivision should get. It’s so good that I think you can play this game all year long just for the fun of it!"

(new)

"
92%
A must have hit for all hombrew collectors!"

(new)

"Spread across eight levels and with an emphasis on high score chasing, it’s bound to go down well with anyone who still owns Intellivision’s console."

So get your copy of the game now, and spend this Christmas Season the old-fashioned way: playing video games on your favorite childhood console!

Also, don't forget about our amazing Christmas Championship Extravaganza: Carol vs. The WORLD!

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 5

I loved this line from Classic Game Room: "Just when you thought people were crazy for putting out new games on the Sega Dreamcast, Left Turn Only makes a right turn and out-crazies them."

Brilliant! And you can see that they loved the style of our manual. All that work was worth it. :)

dZ.

Congrats. Well deserved. The best compliment I can give you is this: I never played Intellivision growing up, so I have no nostalgia for the system. But if I see an Intellivision in the wild, I will definitely consider picking it up just so I can play this game on real hardware.

-B

Today my wife sent me a text message saying: "Bad news: the game store at the mall does not sell your game. Good news: they have heard of it!"

I was baffled! Turns out she was at the mall, and inspired by a throwaway comment in the Classic Game Room review, she stopped by the Game Stop and asked about Christmas Carol. Expecting to get a weird look (and the ever popular "what's an Intellivision?"), she was surprise that the guy said he's heard of it.

It went something like this:

"Oh, hi! I saw this video online about a Christmas game for Intellivision called "Christmas Carol vs. The Ghost of Christmas Presents," and I wanted to buy it for my husband.

"Oh, yeah I saw that. Unfortunately we don't carry homebrews (he said Homebrews!). You can only order it online."

"So where do I buy it?"

"From their site. You can search for it on Google, it should come near the top."

"OK, thanks!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...