IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 5 Round 20 Pacman

zylon

Our game this round is Pacman, the 2nd pack-in cart sold with 5200 consoles. Play on default starting settings. Pics preferred, but not required. Emulation is ok, as is whatever controls make you happy.

Round ends Sunday, December 9th 2012 @10pm EST

Bust it, if you can, for a bonus point!

Current HSC record- Pac Man - (Level 1 Cherries) jetset 81,000 (BUSTED)

NEW!: 999,990+ Rolled - tank

Final scores:

999,990+ tank +11+1=12

47,230 sdamon +10

35,750 JacobZu7zu7 +9

25,810 roadrunner +8

25,520 chuckwalla +7

23,240 zylon +6

19,390 Liduario +5

18,780 jblenkle +4

18,150 NIKON +3

post-25215-0-28358500-1353899019_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

There's gotta be more Pac Man carts than there are 5200's :ponder:

I'd expect participation to run very high, but attrition from "not liking" the game may do some damage. That said, I'm glad another of the few I can one-hand play got in. Thanks guys. :)

Ironically, I have less of these carts than systems. Not every one I bought had one, some had Super Breakout in its' place.

On another note, I'm kinda bummed out that I missed 2600 Battlezone in the HSC due to my temporary hand problem. I could've taken that top score easily. :(

But, I'm getting better every couple days and when it comes around again, I'll be ready. :)

Edited by zylon

999,990 turned it over played on my 5200. Do whatever u can to get to the 7th key

Astounding score! Haven't ever been able to crack 50k at this game, and I'm having trouble doing better than 30k so far this week. No idea how you flipped the game, but congrats!

Edited by sdamon
  • Like 1

Heres what works for me--5200 pacman's monsters are the most vicious ghosts out of all pacman ports(in my opinion) so i think of it as survival pac man lol. The goal is to survive until the 7th key. The 5th key, the 7th key and beyond the ghost never turn back to normal once you eat a power pill. You can run your score till it turns over and beyond. From cherry up to 5th key Dont worry about racking up points,eating monsters or eating fruit or keys....Just get past each screen clearing all the dots the best you can while surviving the onslaught of the 5200 ghosts. Really no set pattern but i start off all screens clearing the bottom row from left to right to the power pill. I also use the inner and upper corridors around the ghost house for escape.Dont be distracted by fruit and eating ghost for racking up points and you will make it eventually to that 7th key. It took me about 25 games and about 9 hrs to make it lol.

Heres what works for me--5200 pacman's monsters are the most vicious ghosts out of all pacman ports(in my opinion) so i think of it as survival pac man lol. The goal is to survive until the 7th key. The 5th key, the 7th key and beyond the ghost never turn back to normal once you eat a power pill. You can run your score till it turns over and beyond. From cherry up to 5th key Dont worry about racking up points,eating monsters or eating fruit or keys....Just get past each screen clearing all the dots the best you can while surviving the onslaught of the 5200 ghosts. Really no set pattern but i start off all screens clearing the bottom row from left to right to the power pill. I also use the inner and upper corridors around the ghost house for escape.Dont be distracted by fruit and eating ghost for racking up points and you will make it eventually to that 7th key. It took me about 25 games and about 9 hrs to make it lol.

Thanks for the insight Tank...I will try that.. albeit not in time for this round but good for practice all the same.

• Like 1

post-2092-0-56524000-1354907516_thumb.jpg

Many thanks to tank for sharing his strategy! At least, knowing about the seventh key bug makes the idea achieving such a score comprehensible! Still, surviving until then is a major accomplishment, especially in this version of the game! Haven't been able to pull it off myself... so far, I've just gotten to the first Atari logo. Probably will give it a few more tries, though... would love to see this bug in action!

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips, and congrats on the awesome score! /bow
  • Like 1