IGNORED

NewColeco still alive?

newcoleco

Some quick news in this end of November 2012

Sorry for the "long time no see" but my life was kinda complicated lately, and mentaly unstable in a sense...

The AdamCon event was a great success with the participation of some of the greatest Coleco ADAM and ColecoVision fans in the history. I do confess that I wanted to find someone from the original ColecoVision developpers to be able to talk about how it was to make CV projects back then in the 80s. And later show how it is now with our powerful computers and variety of tools... maybe in another convention it will be possible. I loved to see back many of you and which long life to the convention, let's show to the world that Coleco fans are proud and still active! :)

Sadly, I went through a depression state during days in August and after that I just wanted to play games, change my mind. I've discarded alot of emails, ignoring forums and so on... I was not good at all.

In September, I've met some nice people while playing a mmorpg game, one of them became my girlfriend as a distance relationship that keeps going.

In November, I've started a new CV project in secret, slowly putting me back into development of an original game, using y talent and imagination, which is usually what I do best when in the right mindset. During this development phase, I saw that the new SDCC still gives me weird issues with arrays, one of them that I've fixed for Flora game by replacing the dynamicaly defined arrays inside functions by accessing a global array defined outside the function... strange but this workaround worked for me.

In December, I will be happy to announce to ColecoVision fans in this year of celebration a new CV game available named Flora and the Ghost Mirror. In a few words, it's a tough game with a theme of fantasy. You are fairy on a cloud that moves around healing flowers and fighting ghosts that escaped from their mirror prison (add superman movie reference here if you want, but it's not where I had this idea). The ghosts are making the flowers sick and you capture the ghosts when you finaly collect all the pieces of the mirror (drops from ghosts you defeat). Took 3 days to draw the title screen, Took an insane amount of time to program the game, with alot of tweaking and rewritting. A poster of the title screen is already done by Tobi (same guy who did the ADAMCON poster this summer), which is also the label somehow. So far, the testers are quite happy about the game, a few can't beat the game, but I'm gonna tweak it to make it easier before to release it. The game is based on my love : she is a normal human being who loves the beauty in nature specialy mountains, small rivers and flowers like tulips; and in her nice imagination she is a shaman from a distant galaxy with great and peaceful magical powers.

POSTER (SMALL VERSION)

post-3651-0-76917100-1354113605_thumb.png

Talk to you another time, sorry but my mailbox here is full... will deal with that another day!

Take care everyone!

• Like 5

Sorry for the "long time no see" […]

Welcome back. Many Colecovision developers take longer breaks for various reasons once in a while.

In November, I've started a new CV project in secret, slowly putting me back into development of an original game, using y talent and imagination, which is usually what I do best when in the right mindset. During this development phase, I saw that the new SDCC still gives me weird issues with arrays, one of them that I've fixed for Flora game by replacing the dynamicaly defined arrays inside functions by accessing a global array defined outside the function... strange but this workaround worked for me.

In case this is a bug - as opposed to a missing feaeture - please file a bug report with sample code at sourceforge, so this issue can be fixed.

Philipp

Great to hear from you Daniel and even better to hear that you are doing well... we missed you around here! The new game sounds tremendous and the poster done up by Coleco_Master is incredible.

Just what the CV needed, a beautiful heroin, and NewColeco working his magic once again.

• 2 months later...