IGNORED

SIO2SD/PC Combo for Atari 8-bit

santosp

Dang I just saw they were sold out I could still make one using a aurdiono let me know how i could make my own I have an arduino but would have to get the one w the sd slot then get youre file for $ of course for labor to copy it and then info on how to use it w lcd I can get these parts online I just need the file witch you painstakingly wrote LET ME KNOW IF you are interested in helping me make my own..

I understand the auduino can send serial out but dont know programming I get brain block .. MY dad can program I can solder and fix things but am crappy at programming at base level I can copy paste real good and can understand a file.. my dad could walk me threw using youre program to make my own as all i have to do is scroll threw about 10 .atr files and send to serial port when atari is asking for file on dos II already loaded i push a then get the dir on d1: then before hitting return I tell aurdiono to send ascii to serial .atr file then hit enter it should find it..

this is exactly how those multi carts work exept those are high low on off +5v or gnd voltage controled a10 line outputs!! of a .bin file..

i guess you could just get a atari cart hooked up and unhook the a10 line and feed it a nother a10 line this is what the flashback does when you select cart..

Hi. :)

All the information you need, located on original inventor's site. Jakub Kruszona-Zawadzki

You can mail him as to respond in all of your questions.

http://sio2sd.gucio.pl/wiki/English

Also if you want to buy an alternate version of this device, please look at Lotharek's (viva la karafla ;) ) site.

http://lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=23

Edited by santosp

Got mine today. For some reason I did not get a note from post women and did not know that the parcel is waiting for me at the post office for couple of days already. Panos pmed me and asked to check on it as the tracking indicated that the porcel could not be delivered – thank you Panos! What a device! What a service! :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

I just received mine today and I'm scratching my head, wondering if I'm doing something wrong :-)

I've followed the instructions to copy sio2sd.xex on my SD card and make the following config changes:

cfgtool mode - every startup

topdrive mode - off

I reboot the system and I still only get a 'READY' prompt, where I expect to see an on-screen loader.

I then tried mounting ATR files manually, using the LED display. After selecting a disk for disk 1, I reboot the system and still only get the 'READY' prompt.

I've tried a few SD cards, all formatted FAT16 with the Panasonic SD Formatter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

Incase it matters, I'm using a 800XL

santosp has been trying to help me with my problem, but neither of us have found a solution yet.

My recent attempts have been to bypass the SD and use AspeQt. Unfortunately, that doesn't work either. The upside is that I now have some log information, although I don't know how useful it is.

Serial port speed set to 19200.

Emulation started through standard serial port backend on 'COM3' with RI handshaking.

[Disk 1] Get status. [x10]

[Device $4f] command: $40, aux: $4f4f ignored. [x28]

[Device $4f] command: $40, aux: $0000 ignored. [x28]

Anyone have any ideas to try, before I have to send the device back?

Have you tried to hold the option key to disable Basic....

Attach your trouble ATR here to thread.

Try typeing 'DOS' at the ready prompt. -- or BYE..

Holding OPTION or typing 'DOS' will bring up the diagnostic menu. I haven't tried typing BYE yet, but can give that a try tomorrow.

It isn't just one ATR that's having trouble, it's every one I try. I've confirmed the images are fine, so that's not the issue.

Do any other sio devices work with your 800xl? Do you have a 1010 or 1050 to try with?

Unfortunately I'm completely new to the Atari computer scene and only have the 800XL at this point

If anyone here is from Toronto and willing to try this on their 800XL or lend me a sio device, I'd definitely appreciate it.

Unfortunately I'm completely new to the Atari computer scene and only have the 800XL at this point

If anyone here is from Toronto and willing to try this on their 800XL or lend me a sio device, I'd definitely appreciate it.

To me it sounds like like you have some sort of problem with the SIO connection. I am in Toronto (East Scarborough to be exact) and I can try the device for you, or even try to see what is wrong with your 800XL or SIO connection. I can not promise a fix though. If you're interested PM me and I'll give you my phone number so we can talk.

Ray

• 1 year later...

Update:

Finaly got ASPEQT to work at siospeed 3x or Pokey divider 8 any lower value (higher speed) will not work

My SIO2SD/PC Combo has version 3.1 is there newer software for this device or is the speed limited to this 3x warp ?

APE doesn't work at all a few sectors booting but that's all tryed all options didn't get it to work.

Now I need the steps to prepare the SD but the link in this topic isn't working anymore :(

Edited by TXG/MNX

Hmm, maybe Philip make some innovations on his site, and the URL change. Please look on the above link. On the middle of his web page you will find the English translation.

http://www.santellocco.com/atari/consigli-sio2sd.htm

Is known from the beginning of this thread, cause isn't "APE" compatible. The reason is cause AtariMax use proprietary code masked on its sio2pc device.

I believe cause somehow have entangle how working the 2 modes of this device. One part is the SIO2SD, and an other the SIO2PC. The data speed who mention above, is for the sio2pc device, and I believe is great if this work without errors for you.

The last known firmware from the designer of this project is still the 3.1RC2.

http://sio2sd.gucio.pl/wiki/SoftwareAVR_en

Edited by santosp
  • Like 1