IGNORED

Bushnell Autographs

bloatedmonkey

Signatures are the easiest things to forge or fake; which is why I never buy autographs from memorabilia dealers or on eBay. They did an expose once on ESPN and had athletes look at balls and photographs that were allegedly signed by them off camera that they bought from a sports show and online - 99 out of 100 were flagged as phony. NINETY-NINE PERCENT. It's no surprise athletes are so disgusted at times about signing autographs - they've got to figure, "Why bother?"

When I was younger I went to a baseball card show and got 2 baseballs signed by Tom Seaver (He was at the show and signed them in front of me), a few years later I decided to try and sell one at a local baseball card shop. The owner told me that he guaranteed it was fake and basically called me a liar when I told him the story. I never buy autographs. A certificate of authenticity is worthless. If somebody is willing to sell fake autographs, their signature on a CoA means nothing.

I do like autographed items but they only mean anything to me if I'm the one that got the autograph. Just having something that someone signed doesn't really mean anything to me but if I was there when they signed it then it's a nostalgic item for me. For these reasons, and the fact that you can't tell if it's a fake or not, I'll never buy anything simply for the autograph.

I got an autographed pong paddle from that guy, looks authentic to me and it comes with a letter of authenticity. He probably knows him or is related to him in some way, either that or he does a mean Nolan signature.  :ponder:

I spoke with Nolan about the Paddle, it is legit, he signed several of them for a former employee of his.

I don't know about those catalogs though.

Curt