IGNORED

PROLOG on the Atari

Dr Do

Sorry if this topic's already been done folks, I couldn't see it when I searched the forums...

I'm thinking of having a dabble with PROLOG programming, and I gather that there's been a few implementations for the Atari ST. I don't suppose anyone has any recommendations and/or can point me to any sources of PROLOG software? Cheers!

(And actually, while I'm at it - wrong forum though, I know - anything done for the Atari 8-bit, just of of curiosity?)

Hello,

I think I have one on an old CD Rom.

It had problems to run on the 68030 (TT and Falcon) because it used the high byte of the addresses as a pointer type marker.

Cool on the ST as only 24 bits are used, but killing the poor TT with its 32 bits bus address.

I am also working on an old APL68000 to make it run on the newer machines (caches problems).

Guillaume.

Hello,

I think I have one on an old CD Rom.

It had problems to run on the 68030 (TT and Falcon) because it used the high byte of the addresses as a pointer type marker.

Cool on the ST as only 24 bits are used, but killing the poor TT with its 32 bits bus address.

I am also working on an old APL68000 to make it run on the newer machines (caches problems).

Guillaume.

Thanks for that Guillaume - what version do you have on your CD-ROM, and are there still any copies available?

I'm not aware of anything PROLOG related on the 8-bit series.

Yeah, as I figured, but I thought it was worth a shot. Not to worry as I can't code two machines at the same time!