IGNORED

NYD 2k13

pps

Nope.

Masses for classes? No!

Some parts are very well. But, if you prefere megabytes instead of quality, I could preserve some megabytes of animations, or crude sounding digitized music..... filling 100s of disks. You like?

I'm impressed with the size of your contribution actually - 0 bytes...

• Like 4

ok. got the double RMT thing fixed but this takes a serious of CPU time... grrr... next time I need to brief 505 more properly ;) my fault. but the music is too good imho to leave it out. :)

Two much CPU time? Strange.

Last I heard the A8 is fast enough to do real-time 3d with digis AND up to 8 colored soft-sprites.

Or are you still making the stupid mistake to NOT use Gr.7? tststs

*SCNR*

• Like 1

@Rybags...

well... the issue is that in best scenario I need to spread the 2 calls of the player 156 scanlines apart and I have G2F Logo on top of screen and I thought I can put the first call below and the 2nd into the VBL but well... then it reaches into the gfx effect area... ;) not so good :D

Where the calls occur isn't critical - it's when the register stores take place, so you can modify the player source such that it stores them in temp variables that can be used later.

A tactic to gain more VBlank time could be to use a DLI late in the screen. Of course if you're maxed out on cycles used with little to spare then it becomes the time to start sacrificing something.

The crashing is caused on the following issue: If you want to load a ipc you have to type in the filename. But if you forgot to type the D: then you get strange glitches.

So don't forget that nessessary string on the released NYD. And be sure the next version of ipc viewer by Synthpopalooza won't have this error anymore :)

Hopefully not ...

I left it up to the user to type the complete device name ... so for those using emulators, you can read .IPC's off the H: drive too.

Next version will load (hopefully) about 10 different graphic formats, including Super IRG (2), CIN, MIN, PCIN+, DIN, and variations on the GTIA modes.

• Like 1

Two much CPU time? Strange.

Last I heard the A8 is fast enough to do real-time 3d with digis AND up to 8 colored soft-sprites.

Or are you still making the stupid mistake to NOT use Gr.7? tststs

*SCNR*

Sadly, not much competitors to Sheddy and his Space Harrier out there.... wait , better :.... exactly no one out there .

I believe the Mayans were saying that too...

Shall we now talk over wrong interpretations?

Everyone knows that there had been huge desasters, back in the "Mayan" days, on the northern part of the "American" Continent. Huge Earthquakes, huge Waterflows .... and so on.

The Mayans had their "hobby" ... watching the night's sky . They put their effort together, looking what happened on the sky, when the "event" happened.

So the start of a time counter was there. So we know when the "elimination of life" has been there, just by counting the years back, if history is written correctly.

The exact day of "21" in December is the Sun turn, so the Day isn't exactly given. It's just what they had in mind.

Btw: Did you know that the "original american natives" were truely related to the eastern asians?

Today even Asians learn "Columbus discovered America" ...

It's funny , in the northern Part of America Japanese and Nordic Vikings shaked hands long before.

Mayan and other "Asians" built high civilisations there....

But Columbus discovered America ;)

And, what happened last year at dec 21 2012 wasn't what Mayans planned. It was what some "misleaded christians" put into the writings of the Mayans.

Sadly, not much competitors to Sheddy and his Space Harrier out there.... wait , better :.... exactly no one out there .

Sheddy did what Sheddy did.

I do what I do.

And you do ... not much...wait, better: ...exactly nothing :)

OK, that was not quiet right, but it suited rather good ;)

I am pretty happy that you do your sound experiments and give ideas, really I do. But this constantly putting down of other peoples stuff is really annoying.

Those here who can code do the coding and do not talk much about sound. Why can't you do it the other away around?

Honestly, I do not like flicker (guess most PAL-users don't like it). I do not like Gr.7.

And I think the A8 was not build to do 3d stuff. It CAN do 3d stuff, but it wasn't build for it.

Yeah rotating (in this days simple) 3d object with 5FPS is a big achievement for an 8-bit computer. And I really envy those who can pull it off.

But, in my opinion, it looks horrible on the A8. Technically awesome and admirable but from a visual point of view...

Good thing is, on the A8 you can experiment with it, because we have the 16 lumas (in some modes) :)

• Like 3

Those here who can code do the coding and do not talk much about sound. Why can't you do it the other away around?

Because particular the "sound" part is totally underused?

Honestly, I do not like flicker (guess most PAL-users don't like it). I do not like Gr.7.

So why did you pull that into the thread? I was not talking about this. My concernes belonged more to "let's use a tool and some source from the internet to fill disks" ...

And I think the A8 was not build to do 3d stuff. It CAN do 3d stuff, but it wasn't build for it.

Are you blind ? Have you ever checked the main games back in the days? 1979? The biggest hook in Software was a "3D" Space game.

Yeah rotating (in this days simple) 3d object with 5FPS is a big achievement for an 8-bit computer. And I really envy those who can pull it off.

But, in my opinion, it looks horrible on the A8. Technically awesome and admirable but from a visual point of view...

Good thing is, on the A8 you can experiment with it, because we have the 16 lumas (in some modes) :)

Reading this after the Project-M >playable demo< .... You should buy some glasses...

I really like the idea of NYD and I'm happy to see the amount of contributions with 0<x<∞ bytes.

For me it's nice to release some stuff to public this way that would otherwise linger on my disk forever.

Normally I would show it to my Atari fellows around here on some evening party and have a beer

.. but since 1986 they are not here but somewhere else in the world, so thanks PPS (and thanks Internet).

And like every year I totally love MaPa's part :-)

• Like 2

I really love music and demostyle from "Hello 2k13" ! Oldschool demomaking of Compyshops and old Abbuc demodiscs breathing on me:) Cool stuff!! But music can be a bit longer ;-) I Like it, thumbs up!

Hey cool, you had some fun watching even my part. Sad enough I'm not a musician, so I had to use a track from ASMA archive - my luck that this exist now. Back in time I had to cut a tune by myselves or hope that someone send me a creation of his mind.

This time I choosed a version of a German song "Kling Glöckchen klingelingeling" by Ralf Thomas Quack.

I really like the idea of NYD and I'm happy to see the amount of contributions with 0<x<∞ bytes.

For me it's nice to release some stuff to public this way that would otherwise linger on my disk forever.

Normally I would show it to my Atari fellows around here on some evening party and have a beer

.. but since 1986 they are not here but somewhere else in the world, so thanks PPS (and thanks Internet).

And like every year I totally love MaPa's part :-)

It's always a pleasure to see what is/was in developement for our little machine :) I can't get enough of that ;)

And the internet is the best place for celebrating that.

Don't know how far the scene was, when the net didn't occur. At least for me the net is a neverending source of wisdom - btw that reminds me that someone who coded a demo named so also did a great job in creation of a must have coding tool for our little machine. Thanks a lot for the WUDSN-IDE!

@dely: I managed to delete the appended file by myselves now. I knew I had seen an option for that some times ago, but didn't find it yesterday. If someone else is searching for that: have a look at "My settings" there you go.