IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club Week 1.15 ~ Cartoon Weeks

Vocelli

to craftsman... hell yeah it does! I just joined up too. i got an atari a few months ago and was trying to compare my scores with other gamers & kept finding my way to AA for every other kind of retro game information as well! then my memory of reading these high score club posts kept calling to me to get into the action !!!

I'm delighted to have this particular little generic icon, cuz Yars' Rev. was my old favorite game growing up

I'm curious... does anyone know what the little monikers above our icons are for? can we change that? not that i don't like "combat commando" it actually kind of kicks ass. just curious

guess what, folks

Spider-man 28,010

B-A-A-A-A-A-A-M !!!!!!!!

I got into an unbeatable pattern!! this was my first game that I even broke 6k !! i could have gotten way more, but my eyes and brain started giltching out and I blew it. I'll definitely be improving on that. you definitely get an extra spidey at 20k. after the 6th or 7th building they're all the same.

my pattern: grab the first two nearby criminals, ending at edge of window, shoot straight up & grab 3rd. then shoot diagonal to right, ending just inside of the bombs on R side of tower. let GOBLIN go by, shoot straight up & up, waiting for bombs to turn red whenever black. at the upper part of the tower, a bomb is in the way, just a tap diagonal up to the right fixes that, up, up, collecting any bombs, and free shot to the super bomb ! REPEAT !!! LOL !!!

I'M CRACKING A BEER Y'ALL!!!

there was one building with a different super bomb! when I was at about 25k, it had an extra large super-bomb, preventing spider-man from shooting his web above it, so you have to get just close beside it. only that building !! after that back to normal, repeating pattern.

I'm leaving the screen on in hopes of borrowing a digi camera so I can actually post it.

it's lonely up here in the 25k club... anyone care to join me? : >

• Like 1

to craftsman... hell yeah it does! I just joined up too. i got an atari a few months ago and was trying to compare my scores with other gamers & kept finding my way to AA for every other kind of retro game information as well! then my memory of reading these high score club posts kept calling to me to get into the action !!!

I'm delighted to have this particular little generic icon, cuz Yars' Rev. was my old favorite game growing up

I'm curious... does anyone know what the little monikers above our icons are for? can we change that? not that i don't like "combat commando" it actually kind of kicks ass. just curious

The moniker is based on the number of posts you've made.

IMPRESSIVE SCORE ON SPIDER-MAN, S.BAZ! :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

YOU ARE GETTING CLOSER TO THE CURRENT 2600 HSC RECORD ON SPIDER-MAN: 39,280 points by JAMES RANDALL (Toymailman) - Season 7, Week 23.

oh, thanks for that info... a new goal to try for! I'll be back on it tonight... I saw a TG world record of 110k also. too bad we can't watch each other's games, I bet it would help. I guess i could find some videos of someone attacking the game tho.

1560 is probably my final score offering for spider-man. Time to practice and prep for burger time !! I'm hooked on this high score club stuff. :mad: Still can't get the screen shots up, file to large, ;) iPhone picture through a mac book pro, how do i shrink the file size :? :? ??? hit me up so I can post cool to :-o :-o

Maybe try reducing the resolution on your camera. Less spectacularish. More website-postability.

Thanks for the tips. The strange thing that happened is when i cropped it the file size got larger?!?! :-o :-o :skull: And the camera is an iPhone, not sure how to turn down but your prob right. Once i figure it out. :? :-D :-D :-D :-D

You could try this: Go to your paint program; From there, open your picture file. Then press "save as" and you should get options as to what kind of file to save the pic as. Choose "png" and save. Hopefully, when you try to upload, the file will be smaller than the usual jpg file. If this doesn't work, then go back to your jpg file in the paint program and reduce both the vertical and horizontal to about 35% and then save as a smaller jpg file.

Thanks for the tips. The strange thing that happened is when i cropped it the file size got larger?!?! :-o :-o :skull: And the camera is an iPhone, not sure how to turn down but your prob right. Once i figure it out. :? :-D :-D :-D :-D

CRAFTSMANMIKE,

For your info, I'm using Stella Emulator (the current version is 3.6) to play 2600 games. On this emulator, it's possible to choose the address to save snapshots; to do this, I opened the Options Window (Figure 1); then, I clicked on 'Config Paths' button. I typed d:\ on the field 'Snapshot Path' (Figure 2) to save the screenshots on d:\ (my computer) (d: is one of hard disks unit, but normally c: is the hard disk drive). Each time I press F12 (QWERTY keyboard) during the gameplay, the png. file is always created and saved on the address defined on 'Snapshot Path'. 'Save Snapshots' is the unique special feature which I can use to submit my scores on HSCs.

post-24681-0-14886000-1357469756_thumb.png<----------- FIGURE 1

post-24681-0-78580800-1357469766_thumb.png<----------- FIGURE 2

• Like 1

You could try this: Go to your paint program; From there, open your picture file. Then press "save as" and you should get options as to what kind of file to save the pic as. Choose "png" and save. Hopefully, when you try to upload, the file will be smaller than the usual jpg file. If this doesn't work, then go back to your jpg file in the paint program and reduce both the vertical and horizontal to about 35% and then save as a smaller jpg file.

Another option that's not very elegant is to send the picture from your iPhone to your email account. Just look at the the picture on the iPhone, tap the square with the arrow in the lower left hand corner, and the choose mail. When you send the email, the iPhone mail app will give you the option of sending small, medium,large and full sized files. The medium ones are about 100k. You can then save the picture from your email account and upload that ... Good luck!

Edited by Red Tide
  • Like 1