IGNORED

This is what I want for ColecoVision!

retroillucid

go consolizeded, less than $100 bucks for MB, supegun around $30, pc power supply cheap, build your own JS, 150 in 1 multi cart $100. So $250 an you have a great system with 150 game, and if you decided to buy other carts the mvs carts are pretty cheap I picked some up for $5. Also, you might want a uni bios ( switch US and other regions, change lives, etc), you can get for free if you can burn an eprom:).

Charles, you could just helping me getting one consolized MVS ;) :D

I already have an MVS Multicart

Almost all of my stuff is currently packed, I won't be seeing it again until sometime next year. We are packing up our house and doing repairs and we are moving March/April next year. :(

Not to ruin the hype. But I have NGX and ... it just not that good. Truth be told I had very high standards coming into it. Also I have 1 consolized MVS (Omega), 1 AES, 1 Neo 29 cabinet - Japanese sit down type, so here is the good and bad:

Good:

Portable Metal Slug - I'm sure more metal Slug coming

People already hacking Unibios into the game ROMs

Bad:

muddy screen, screen not that bright, screen not as good as PSP, Vita, or Nintendo DS

console is so wide its hard to hold, it kind of slips out of your hands due to material used for back and width, would have been much better off with 4:3 screen

sd socket is too deep, makes inserting and removing the sd card harder than it needs to be

at home it forces one to charge in the dock, so you can't play other than on TV - Nintendo DS has normal AC charger so you can play on the screen while it charges

SoundFX during Metal Slug are bad, example listen to the waterfall in mission 1

USB controller is ok, but kind of has a cost reduction feel to it in the plastics, microswitches, controller knob, etc. AES controller from 20 years ago feels better.

Handheld is really from another system, i.e. L1, L2, R1, R2 buttons have no place on Neo Geo as Neo Geo never had any of them to begin with.

Emulation makes the games look worse. If you have a Omega or neobitz with component out, or a Jamma cabinet you will see a big difference for the worse

Edited by grips03
  • Like 1

Very cool. Well I believe that this might be the sort of thing that River West Brands wants ultimately. So that's good at least. The trick is to license the arcade hits from the various rights holders.

Bah, just add a proper cartridge port and you won't need to go through any arcade licensing nightmare. Most of the old CV carts still work like a charm today (unlike the console...). ;)

Just finished watching the video. Slipping the portable inside the console is a rather cool feature. :D

J-F have you checked out the Omega

Its a very well built and uses mv-1c board and unibios, custom video encoder and standard AC power cord like moden PC has. Outputs RGB, component, composite, etc.

• Like 1

J-F have you checked out the Omega

Its a very well built and uses mv-1c board and unibios, custom video encoder and standard AC power cord like moden PC has. Outputs RGB, component, composite, etc.

Is that the unit made of wood?..... Or it use an existing AES console?

I have a broken AES console wich I will be more than happy to convert to MVS!

Omega case is made of plastic. Quan (the guy who makes these) had a mold made. He either sells as a kit for existing mv-1c or fully assembled. I've owned one for a year or so and it works very well as its a real SNK board. Analogue Interactive mades a wood one that's very nice too. You can also fit a mv-1c inside your AES case. Just need to buy a mv-1c, internal / external video encoder, controller ports, power supply, and shave the AES cart opening to fit MVS carts. You can still keep the dust doors for the cart. The memory card would no longer work, but its a very minor on the MVS as it has backup memory for saving unibios settings. Only thing your miss is game / hi-score saving.

• Like 1

any thoughs of fixing the AES?

Here is better list of the parts needed:

mv-1c around 100

neobitz or similar video encoder = ~90

neobios masta = about 10-20

universe bios = 35

power supply= ??

controller ports for the cool gold / black ones from TE = ~20

You'll want to add a power led to the reset button = 5

convert the MVS board to +5 only

I could help remotely, I just don't have much time to work on stuff these days. In the end the Omega would be like $150 more, assuming labor is free

jamma nation X has many of the DIY for this

thread here might help too

http://www.neo-geo.c...shell-questions

Edited by grips03
  • Like 1

but the red led in the back turns on? led is under the case, but can be seen via the cart slot, if you open the doors

check out here, does your screen make a certain color?

http://www.arcadecom...ogs.html#109431

this link is also very good source.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?PHPSESSID=5aa375e6704303b9fb413d8e71f4c096&topic=152.0

If its easier to just send the AES away to be fixed then

http://www.arcadecomponents.com/repairservices.html is highly recommended.

Edited by grips03