IGNORED

Handy 68000 simulator

LinkoVitch

Hi guys, whilst bevering away on some Jaguar funs I thought this may be of use to some of you keen to play in asm land.

http://www.easy68k.com/

It is a simulator for a 68K processor, it will allow you to write code, assemble it, and then step through it, the whole time providing you with a view into the processors state and registers. I find it useful for debugging my hacky 68K code :D

No need to worry about setup code for the Jag, and finding ways to get information back out again, you can just lob your code sample into the simple editor, assemble and step through it!

It even has IO and from the website looks like some people have written full games for it etc. If you are wanting a nice easy way to play with 68K and see what does what this should be a damn handy tool.

Hope someone else finds it useful.

• Like 4

unless you are planning to write something to load your code into the interpreter and then run it.

Looking at the source code for that interpreter it puts wrappers around the TRAP #NN I/O handlers present in easy68K. To run it on the jag you would just implement enough Skunk I/O functionality to emulate easy68k's put/get characters/files. Then all you need is a suitable PC side "server" to handle user interactions and load/save files.

Reading the thread title on the forum overview my first thought was "Handy 68000 simulator"... like, a port of the Lynx-emulator for 68000 CPUs like the Jaguar's? :P

Possible, but it'd run very, very slowly without a ton of work and I doubt it would ever run at 100% Lynx speed. There is a 2600 emulator for the jag that has a few games "built in". I've never looked at how it works but the source code is here.

Possible, but it'd run very, very slowly without a ton of work and I doubt it would ever run at 100% Lynx speed. There is a 2600 emulator for the jag that has a few games "built in". I've never looked at how it works but the source code is here.

i have had a go with this, it is quite hard to get running. i have only been able to get it running from an alpine. and it only has very basic compatibility, only a couple of the included games work. quite frankly its not really worth the effort it takes to get working. of course my jag programming knowledge isn't that good either so its a bit 50/50 for me

i have had a go with this, it is quite hard to get running. i have only been able to get it running from an alpine. and it only has very basic compatibility, only a couple of the included games work. quite frankly its not really worth the effort it takes to get working. of course my jag programming knowledge isn't that good either so its a bit 50/50 for me

Thanks foe the info. I'd be quite interested in looking at 7800 emulation on the jag because I know much more about that system than I do about the 2600. However, its not going to happen any time soon given the amount of other more interesting projects that I want to work on.

• 2 weeks later...