IGNORED

atari by luck: new tvs etc.

ahector

i got handed a vader atari this weekend for free, because i am a good home woohoo! (and i will appreciate it after pining for it through my youth). it already has a coaxial cable attachment so i can hook it right up to my new tv. however, i think it might still need an adapter because the picture is super fuzzy when i turn it on (does this have to do with the different ohms that tvs are now?). anyway, just wanted to know if anyone know what kind of adapter to get in this case... (one male/one female coaxial cable end)

thanks!

people here are so helpful and yet i still get confused.

ok, what it has now is an archer automatic tv/game switch, but it goes right into the console. when i took it apart it looks like it's not easy to take out, and whatever originally was there isn't anymore anyhow. is there any solution to this?

thanks.

people here are so helpful and yet i still get confused.  

ok, what it has now is an archer automatic tv/game switch, but it goes right into the console. when i took it apart it looks like it's not easy to take out, and whatever originally was there isn't anymore anyhow. is there any solution to this?  

thanks.

The RCA to F plugs right into the RCA cable itself. You don't need the tv/game switch with this. One end plugs into the RCA cable which is attached to the Atari and the other end screws into the cable input of the TV.

i think the original rca is goen however, and the new game switch goes inside the console. i'm not sure exactly how its attached, it's definitely not just plugged in but could possible be taken off somehow. but that leaves just a part inside the console adn no cord comeing out whatesoever so there's nothing to adapt. i would need the original cord back. does this make sense? has anyone seen this before? maybe i'm just misunderstanding...that's definitely possible too.

i think the original rca is goen however, and the new game switch goes inside the console. i'm not sure exactly how its attached, it's definitely not just plugged in but could possible be taken off somehow. but that leaves just a part inside the console adn no cord comeing out whatesoever so there's nothing to adapt. i would need the original cord back. does this make sense? has anyone seen this before? maybe i'm just misunderstanding...that's definitely possible too.

:? Take a picture and post it.

ok so the game converter that i have is listed on radioshack here:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cata...%5Fid=15%2D1267

hopefully that link will work. anyway, it goes right into the game and makes the connector coaxial but still 75 ohms. so i guess my questions is should i get another adapter or just try to take this one out and find the real original atari connecter then get the cheap adpater that makes is coaxial AND 300 ohms?

what do you mean by "switch" the switch?

the first product has the irignal game rca input but also another coaxial input. could i put the game switch i have now into that? the reason i ask this is because i actually do not have the original rca connection for the atari. so if i can't it looks like i need to get that somehow as well as one of these adapters that you gave a link for. but if i can just put the game switchbox into this other switchbox then i wouldn't have to hunt down an origianl atari rca...

That thing you are using is a piece of garbage. That's why the game won't work. Do you know the wire that comes OUT of the Atari, but is connected to the system? THAT wire is the RCA cable. Just buy this

http://www.atariage.com/store/product_info...&products_id=42

or this

http://www.atariage.com/store/product_info...&products_id=81

and plug the RCA wire in. Either plug works, but the Coaxial F gives you a better picture.

thanks everyone for the help. i understand about the adapter. i got all the links, it makes sense. i get it. my only question left then is all i need a regular male ended rca cord to go from the box to the adapter to the tv. that is, it's just a regualr rca cord yes? i don't need any special atari switch or anything right?