IGNORED

Liduario: making Christmas history

DZ-Jay

I'd like to congratulate Grand Elf Master Liduario and recognize him for making Christmas history. He has taken the Christmas Carol game to extreme levels. He is the first one to actually roll-over the score beyond 10K points--and this is in a game that gives you 1 point per candy and 5 per present! :o

Check it out! That yellow score means 10K + SCORE!!!

post-27318-0-56846300-1356990087_thumb.jpg

Can you believe it?

When I put the color-coded score rollover logic in the game it was more wishful thinking than practical sense. I fantasized, "what if some Billy Mitchell-type guy decides to play the game in a marathon run?" However, I never really expected anybody to to do so.

But Liduario has done so. CONGRATULATIONS!

-dZ.

• Like 6

Wow, that was a great idea on the score color coding! Thinking outside the box on that. I'm just soooo non-creative. I envy people that come up with that kind thing. :-o

Liduardo, way to go. Very nice score!

Actually, it's quite by accident, necessity is the mother of invention. Originally, the board design could only display three digits, which forced me to make the game low-scoring. Then someone during beta testing went over 1k points, and caused the screen to get messed up.

So, I forced a rollover back to zero, but then it kinda sucked that you lost all your points. So I came up with the color coded scheme. Later, when I changed the display to 4 digits, it was superfluous--until Liduário came along! :)

dZ.

Actually, it's quite by accident, necessity is the mother of invention. Originally, the board design could only display three digits, which forced me to make the game low-scoring. Then someone during beta testing went over 1k points, and caused the screen to get messed up.

So, I forced a rollover back to zero, but then it kinda sucked that you lost all your points. So I came up with the color coded scheme. Later, when I changed the display to 4 digits, it was superfluous--until Liduário came along! :)

dZ.

So what color does it turn at 20,000? ;) :-D

Liduario may have been the first, but WispFollower stole his thunder presents at the very last moment. That name seems awfully appropriate for a Ghost Of Christmas Presents. ;)

Presenting, the amazing 14K score that closed the championship:

post-27318-0-99788500-1357043692_thumb.png

• Like 2

Oh, I didn't see the thread until now.

I would say Dz made history with the game!

And competition was incredible from day one.

Actually, even before it started!

First I asked about a round in Hsc with a homebrew game, I already had Xmas Carol!

Cparsley and Dz came with amazing ideas, an entire month of December playing Xmas Carol with an unbelievable prize.

All hard work, all generosity that made history in Intellivision didn't came from me.

You, guys, made all possible!

You made history!

• Like 3

Liduario may have been the first, but WispFollower stole his thunder presents at the very last moment. That name seems awfully appropriate for a Ghost Of Christmas Presents. ;)

Presenting, the amazing 14K score that closed the championship:

post-27318-0-99788500-1357043692_thumb.png

since you posted color scheme couldnt someone just photoshop the high score?

since you posted color scheme couldnt someone just photoshop the high score?

The colors were never a secret, that picture I posted is from the game instruction manual. I don't think I want to consider that our community includes anybody who would deliberately cheat in a friendly game during Christmas time.

Whoever wants to win that bad, and rob children, friends, and colleagues of the opportunity, well... let's just say he deserves a big lump of coal in his stocking, and a visit from the Evil Snowman.

-dZ.

• Like 1