IGNORED

Speaking of Lynx....& Wizztronics...

Clint Thompson

What the hell ever happened to the Wizztronics Lynx to TV adapter?

I kept my Lynx for 2 years and it never came out (I sold it a year back or so due to lack of $$ to support it) but I'm sure I would have kept it if I could have hooked it up to my TV :)

I emailed several times... got no response .....

Clint Thompson

Strange.. but it's taken long enough time to get the go on:)

Ah well.. what can ya say? However it is ashame that the sort of adaptor will be way too expensive for more than 1 Lynx probably, but it would be cool to have some multiplayer games going on 4 TV's and a lynx network of some sort :)

I'll have to get me another lynx and get back into the scene... besides... the centepede sounds kinda interesting... :)

Clint Thompson

• 5 years later...
So... Where is it? Me want...

Send them an email and ask. :)

Make sure and let the rest of us know what they say. ;)

Mitch

Still in sllloooowww development.

However last I checked they had a unit that Atari had made with the TV adaptor unit in it. Selling it for $800. So if you wanted it the Lynx to connect to a tv of video monitor bad enough, there you go!

Is there much demand for this? Sometimes it's nice to see things being done just for the sake of seeing that it can be done, but viewing 160x102 pixels on a 25" TV screen is going to be ugly! Just fire up an emulator and scale the image 2 or 3x. There ya go! I love my Lynx and all, but I'm fine with playing it on the screen it was born with.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah... nice and portable! :lol:

Atari made these for Computer Shows/Marketing/Testing and not for portability or public use.

Somewhere I have the Invoice from the company that built them for Atari. Atari paid $10K

to have 10 of them custom built. They were never meant for home use.

Several times I took them to CGE in Las Vegas but most people did not understand what they were seeing.

We sold most of them years ago.

They have a modified Lynx I with a ribbon cable added that runs to a video converter box.

The output video is petty amazing. It really looks great even on a large screen.

The only problem I found was on games that play from the side you need to turn the monitor on it's side.

You might get Glenn to give some technical details??

Years ago he took all of the units I had left and refurbished them for me. Atari had lost several of the Lynx I

interface units so he modified several Lynx I's for me to go with my extra converter boxes.

Edited by myatari