IGNORED

DA's Inshape...for Falcon/TT030

Does anyone have this or use this on their Falcon or TT setup?

I just got some mags in last week that was showing raytracing using this program... and the screenshots looked amazing for it's time!

It astonished me so much I now have this wicked desire to have a Falcon with Inshape and some other things...

Also in the magazine it mentions that Atari was planning on utilizing the Jaguar chipset for a future computer they were going to do.

I could only imagine how awesome the computer could have been... using an upgraded Jaguar chipset and implementing some upgraded features of the original Falcon... hmm... the possibilities :)

Just thought it was interesting really...

Clint Thompson

Also in the magazine it mentions that Atari was planning on utilizing the Jaguar chipset for a future computer they were going to do.

I could only imagine how awesome the computer could have been... using an upgraded Jaguar chipset and implementing some upgraded features of the original Falcon... hmm... the possibilities :)

It could be a great computer!

How old the magazine is?

last year I have found this link: http://mujweb.atlas.cz/www/inshape/

I tried it and it looks great. But the version is French so it is not very usable for me

I have heard it too.

Tony... the mag was 93/94, I'll have to look again actually since I got so many just recently :)

I'm not sure if the program was in English or French... I would imagine they would have had to make an English version? but if not, I always have friends that speak/read/write French ;)

I'll have to get some scans up or something.. there doesn't seem to be anything really (via google search) regarding inshape... even their own site of inshape is empty... hmm...

Clint Thompson

Tony... the mag was 93/94, I'll have to look again actually since I got so many just recently :)

:)

Thanks Clint. I've ask you about the date, because when Jag was launched, Atari seems to focus all on it, 'forgetting' computer division - i.e. Falcon was quickly cancelled -, so I wonder about the will for a new computer by the Tramiels.

Tony...

Hopefully I'll be able to pull out my old scanner (here's hoping! ;)

and scan (there's about 10 or some odd pages covering the Jag that I've never seen before) and would probably interest quite a few of the Jagcores out there :) (as it did satisfy me ;)

...and quite a few articles of the Falcon...

I also need to get off my arse and get some videos put up too (of some more fun stuff as people have been requesting in the past)

:)

Clint Thompson

Yea, it's too bad we live so far... would be cool to meet all the Jaggies on the other side :)

I compiled a list of pages I'm going to scan last night (worked on it most the night skimming through the mags and writing them down) so when I do have the time to get me scanner out and scan... then I will! :)

Also waiting for the servers at atari.org to pop back up so I can put the pics there...

Ive got about 25-30some odd pages I want to scan (All jaguar/falcon) related... so should be cool.. and a lot of stuff I've never seen online before (unless of course I' missed it somewhere? ;)

Clint Thompson

• 2 weeks later...

I just got some mags in last week that was showing raytracing using this program... and the screenshots looked amazing for it's time!

It astonished me so much I now have this wicked desire to have a Falcon with Inshape and some other things...

Just thought it was interesting really...

Clint Thompson

All the modelling in BattleSphere was done using InShape on a F030. A company named Cybercube is where it came from. It was a good program... but rendering times were long on a 16MHZ F030!

Heh... yea... after doing some timely reasearch on the net to find anything I could... (found it for free to download if that counts? ;)

I ran across your page that stated you guys used it in Battlesphere...

My understanding renderings can take an hour or more for one scene / object... guess it depends on how high resolution your outputting and colors, etc. etc. :)

Very cool though...

Clint Thompson