IGNORED

Tandyvision repair

I have a Tandyvision that powers up to a black screen. I'm hoping to repair it.

Here's some background: It has definitely been taken apart and put back together (poorly). It was missing screws and whoever attempted it last mixed up the screws for the main case and the ones that hold on the controller tray. Many were just missing. I opened it up and took some pics of the motherboard. Is it called a motherboard? All of the chips look firmly socketed and that whole side looks OK. On the underside some of the green circuity pathways around the rim (reference the pic so you don't have to listen to my gibberish) seems to be flaking. Is this bad? Also, the pins where the cart connects (not the actual contacts, but where the cart female end connects to the Mobo) look like they have some corrosion and flaking. Is this repairable?

Tandyvision Mobo 1

Tandyvision Mobo 2

I can upload more pics if anyone has any ideas. Thanks,

Be sure and look on the bottom of the board for dark/black marks around any of the solder points. My intellivision would work for about 5-10 seconds then go to a black screen and it turned out to be a couple of bad transistors on the board, the only way I figured it out was they looked black on the bottom of the board so I replaced them and it fixed my issues.

post-34193-0-42463100-1357216047_thumb.jpg

Your board looks to have discolored a little the same place where mine had, under the two transistors. If you PM me your contact info I can send you a couple if you want to replace them and see if that fixes the issue. I bought a bunch off ebay when I replaced mine and have a ton left.

Your board looks to have discolored a little the same place where mine had, under the two transistors. If you PM me your contact info I can send you a couple if you want to replace them and see if that fixes the issue. I bought a bunch off ebay when I replaced mine and have a ton left.

You mean on the top left of this pic?:

Tandyvision Mobo_3

Yeah. If you look at my pic from a couple of posts up I circled where the leads are soldered to the board. My picture isn't oriented the same as yours but you can see the the pattern and match it to your board.

I'm not saying this will fix your board but its worth a try.