IGNORED

D2K Arcade High Score Contest coming soon - Patch preview

Rev

The D2K Arcade High Score Contest will be coming soon. One of the prizes for top score will be a custom D2K Arcade embroidered patch. Here is a early sample of the patch. Any suggestions for improvements are welcome as they have not been finalized or ordered yet. Other prizes are being contemplated as well for the top 5 high score and the winner. Most likely everyone that participates will receive a patch. possibly a cap on amount if too many people join (75?) Details are still being worked out. The contest is hopefully to start Feb 1st 2013.

Patch Preview (not final)

Copyofd2karcadepatch_zps0ab3230c-1_zps8a9e962e.jpg

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 9

You mean I have a chance to get TWO patches in the same year for the Intellivision! Time to start practicing ...

BTW ... am I the only one that thinks that giving out the patch to everyone kinda deflates it's importance? It's just like when my son gets a trophy for his win-less baseball team :dunce:. Maybe promise the top 20 scores to encourage competition and give out more later if you choose? Or (I know it costs more) but make up a participation patch AND a limited top scores patch.

Edited by Fushek

You mean I have a chance to get TWO patches in the same year for the Intellivision! Time to start practicing ...

BTW ... am I the only one that thinks that giving out the patch to everyone kinda deflates it's importance? It's just like when my son gets a trophy for his win-less baseball team :dunce:. Maybe promise the top 20 scores to encourage competition and give out more later if you choose? Or (I know it costs more) but make up a participation patch AND a limited top scores patch.

Good idea, i will probably limit the patches somehow to give people incentive. I will iron out the details.

Btw, i got the final proof from the patch company a while ago, it makes my mockup look like crap! Lol

There was only a few revisions i had them make and i will post the pic in here.

LOL...."Iron out the details"

I think there should be a minimum score to earn a patch, but also an attainable score for those willing to put a little effort in. Kinda like the old Activision patches, where you're not always wondering if someone will knock you out. You get the score; you get the patch. At least it will keep IntellivisionDude from whining :_(

OMG, my sides hurt :grin:

here is an official proof from the patch store. There is only a few color adjustments that needed to be made to this. This proof had 17 colors and i had to bring it down to 9. Should be TOO different. there are alot of different shades of yellow and grey that they will just be the same.

dkpatch_zps0e39a5fc.png

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 5

I know it's early but I'm actually playing D2K for the first time today since I originally tested it. What kind of score are we talking, because I'm terrible. Donkey Kong has never been my game.

Which maps will be covered? Any specific settings/characters, or just get the points?

Still not 100 percent sure. I have to confer with Carl and get his input on it. But im guessing probably just the top score. Possibly some other secondary goal to get a patch as well. We shall see pretty soon though.

Of course, the game should be Game 2, but I think the characters are pretty well-balanced, and any entries should be accepted regardless of which character is chosen.

Since the ROM is now available, we shouldn't require that a picture of the television screen be submitted. If we wanted to be really picky, however, we could require a game state or video capture be included. But really, I think we can just accept a screenshot either with an emulator or with a camera.

Carl

Of course, the game should be Game 2, but I think the characters are pretty well-balanced, and any entries should be accepted regardless of which character is chosen.

Since the ROM is now available, we shouldn't require that a picture of the television screen be submitted. If we wanted to be really picky, however, we could require a game state or video capture be included. But really, I think we can just accept a screenshot either with an emulator or with a camera.

Carl

That sounds good carl. I like being able to choose 3 characters with the abilities.

That was easy!

I know it's early but I'm actually playing D2K for the first time today since I originally tested it. What kind of score are we talking, because I'm terrible. Donkey Kong has never been my game.

Which maps will be covered? Any specific settings/characters, or just get the points?

Been a while since I played as well but I pulled it out last night. I played game 2 last night, made it to the fifth level, and scored 10,500. So far, I've only played with Mario so I need to start trying out the others.

It's funny, after playing Carol, 10,000 sounds like a HUGE score.

Carl

take a few seconds video with phone showing intellivision end tv and zoom to the score

any phone can shoot videos today

Edited by vprette

(...)

Carl

I didn't play too much so I don't remember what advantage Mario has over Toni, the fastest. I need to read the manual again.

Bruno is tough but I believe he's slower than Mario.

take a few seconds video with phone showing intellivision end tv and zoom to the score

any phone can shoot videos today

The entire point of this is to be FUN ... I don't want to have to worry about having my phone/video camera handy after a game to video tape a high score. We're not talking about millions of dollars at stake.

I trust people not to cheat for a GAME ... but maybe I'm just naive. I think that a screen shot of the tv screen or a copy of the print screen should be sufficient, right?